Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does 'zgrabna' mean?????

Options
  • 15-01-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

What does 'zgrabna' mean?????:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

"zgrabna" = well endowed.... so go figure ;-)

a "zgrabna dziewczyna" is a sylph... defined as:
    1. a slender, graceful woman or girl.
    2. (in folklore) one of a race of supernatural beings supposed to inhabit the air.

I assume it means we're speaking about a fairly good looking woman here?! :D

I not sure if the word "zgrabna" can be used to describe a male... there might be a more specific term for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

To describe a male you'd have to use the 'zgrabny' form, just as you'd use 'zgrabne' to refer to the neuter gender. However it's not really usual to call a guy 'zgrabny,' 'dobrze zbudowany' (ie well-built) sounds better.

NB the opposite of 'zgrabny' - 'niezgrabny' (masc) 'niezgrabna' (fem) 'niezgrabne' (neut) is usually used to mean clumsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Zgrabna/zgrabny/zgrabne actually means "shapely", it can be used to describe a girl (zgrabna dziewczyna) or her legs (zgrabne nogi) or her figure (zgrabna figura). You wouldn't use it referring to guys though. If a girl is particularly well-endowed/voluptuous I'm not sure if "zgrabna" would be the best choice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dagged

locombia wrote: »
    What does 'zgrabna' mean?????:rolleyes:

ZGRABNA its mean just nice looking

Advertisement