Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Tax Relief Issue ???

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

hey im a single guy i bought a house in may and was getting €266 a month tax relief.

im not a first time buyer having bought and sold a house 2 years ago , but for the first 7 years u considered first time buyer by tax relief standards

but last month i only got €166 ???? i though it was meant to increase with the budget

i was getting €266 since may to dec ?

any ideas ???

if this is in the wrong forum i apologise

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have your payments changed otherwise?
    Did you have an interest only mortgage which has changed over?
    Ring the bank and query it,they will be used to similar question and familiar with the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

This is your first full calendar year on the mortgage - your relief will be divided by 12 (months) and that's what you will get on a monthly basis. Last year, it was divided by less months, therefore more money each month last year.

Ring your bank and let me know if I'm right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭21stone

but i owned a house till start of may and sold it b4 the end and then bought new house

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lrecks

hey guys.
    Im in the final stages of buying a house and expecting to sign on the dotted line in the next week or so and then along comes the budget! I am a first time buyer and wonder will i gain from this increased tax relief if the deal is finalised before 31st december

Advertisement