Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭

i recently inherited some money and after paying off all my loans i have €3000 so i was just wondering what people here think would be the best place to put my cash.What bank offers the best rates or is there any other options i have for the money.I know its not a huge amount and i cant expect to make much interest but any advice would be appreciated .thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

yabadabado wrote: »
    i recently inherited some money and after paying off all my loans i have €3000 so i was just wondering what people here think would be the best place to put my cash.What bank offers the best rates or is there any other options i have for the money.I know its not a huge amount and i cant expect to make much interest but any advice would be appreciated .thanks
    Buy shares! Or buy a painting, the interest earned in most banks is not much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

if you wanna put it away for a while some rates with boi here

3K is minimum investment toohttp://boi.ie/personal/savings_and_investment/savings/deposits_bonds/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I would open a First Active Savers Account - 5.22%

http://www.firstactive.ie/savings/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You know a painting might not be a bad investment. Have a look at Apollo Gallery on Dawson Street. They will guarantee your money back on many paintings after I think 5 years. So you get to hang and enjoy the painting - presuming that you like etc. Your painting could appreciate in that time and if not you would get your money back , I know some artists have doubled over the years. The money was a bonus. You could also look at starting to regularly save to make up the amount eg €300 per month into Halifax or Rabodirect and you would have the 3k back before the end of the year - could be the best of both worlds !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i have a savings scheme its a carry on from my ssia i never cashed it in so do u think i shud up the payments on this with the €3000 over the course of the year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

It depends what type of fund etc. The First Active Rate that stepbar mentions seems a good alternative.

Advertisement