Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia e65 GPS Questions

• 16-01-2008 2:06am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently got the e65, and i noticed it has Navigator software in there, but it's telling me that i need a bluetooth GPS reciever to work. Can someone advise me on which one to get, and possibly where to get it, i need one asap as it will save me buying a tomtom!

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

There are lots of different ones on the market so its really down to how much you want to spend etc. I used the earlier Freedom Input one and found it very good. I see they have a new one released now
    http://www.freedominput.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=111&Itemid=107

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

I bought a Holox brand bluetooth GPS on ebay.co.uk last week. Works very well with my E65 and the smart2go maps from Nokia. The GPS cost about €40 inc delivery to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

If you try http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/E65-GPS.htm

They have good prices I go the SiRF III Bluetooth GPS Receiver works fince with the E65

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

after i get the GPS reciever, what software do i need? the navigation software on the phone is the same as the n95, no?

is it possible for me to download TOMTOM for the e65?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

The E65 doesn't have any maps and route planning software built-in (at least my one didn't). You could buy Tom Tom to run on the phone but it's expensive. I suggest you first try Nokia's cheaper software, available from smart2go.com. Using this you can get free maps for more or less the whole planet, and also free route planning software. There's a 'navigation' option on this software, which you have to pay for. If you buy this you will get turn-by-turn voice instructions on the phone speaker, and also navigation symbols showing you how far to the next turn etc. You can pay to enable this for a week, a month or a year. I only need to use a navigator 4 or 5 times a year, so this payment structure suits me. I can buy a week whenever I need it.

When you first install the smart2go maps you get 3 days free trial of the navigation option, so you can try this out before looking at more expensive options like Tom Tom.

You can download the maps in two different ways. The first is as-needed, where your phone will use your mobile data connection to get the maps for each area you want to see, piece-by-piece. The other option is to use Nokia's free Map Loader software on your PC to pre-load all the maps for one or more entire countries onto your phone, using your PC's broadband connection. This saves you using up your expensive mobile data allowance.

You'll probably need a memory card for the phone, to store the maps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement