Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satc

• 16-01-2008 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

OK i know its a little early, and as the release date for ireland is not set, but I love Sex and the City, my favourite series of the all time. For the kind of series it was..... but my idea

How about when movie comes out we have another lounge beers, I might be a bit difficult to arrange. But we could have a late showing or and early showing which ever is decided and then have a cocktail night in celebration!

Cosmos all round!

Thoughts... ideas, questions.

Please no off thread comments, as these will be deleted and posters banned for one week!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'll go!! I love SATC!!! :D

I love the sound of that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

if we wanted to go the whole hog, there's a private screening room on Denzille Lane, D2. It seats around 30. When i used it last it was about 500 to rent it. Could have gone up since then tho? If we got 30 of us that'd only be 16 each. Could be worth looking into if everyone is really on board?

http://www.ivenus.com/finance/features/Fulllength32.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Wonderful idea maple!

Will look into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That sounds great! I just hopeit comes out before I go to NZ. Or I'll feel all left out. Plus I'll only know my bf in NZ, no girls, and I'll have to seriously bribe him to come see that with me. He hates SATC :(

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    Wonderful idea maple!

Will look into it!

actually website is www.denzillecinema.com

looks like prices have gone up tho. :(

but sure could be still worth a look tho! Its seriously fab inside, I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Aw this sounds like such a great idea but god knows where I'll be on my travels by the time it gets released. I shall have to find some SATC lovers on the road. either way I'll still be forcing by boyfriend to watch it, mwahaha! He likes it really!

Will also take up too three months for movies to be available for print.... Personal i would prefere not to wait to see it!!!!

Will also take up too three months for movies to be available for print.... Personal i would prefere not to wait to see it!!!!

Not always tho. We used get new releases before they hit the cinema. Saw Love Actually there with a bunch of women, absolutely class.

Unfortunately my contact there has left tho. :(

Have rang and left a message so expecting a call back today.

• Advertisement

Have rang and left a message so expecting a call back today.

exciting!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

wow I love it!! Cocktails and SATC the movie, that would be a lot of fun! Plus I can well imagine the film will make us cry, we can all blubber together :D

maybe we should all dress up in our finest too? Just to celebrate the style of SATC?

I see new cloths in my future!

dish-cloths? ;) what a good wimmen you are.

oh well if we have a movie premiere to go to, i'll just have to suffer and hit the shops! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh we should dress up for the occasion, get out your manolo's ladies! ;)

maple wrote: »
    dish-cloths? ;) what a good wimmen you are.

oh well if we have a movie premiere to go to, i'll just have to suffer and hit the shops! :D

Yeah yeah i can't spell!!!!

Move on nothing to see here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I always see new clothes in my future.:o I think this is a great idea and would love to come along so you can count me in. :)

Yeah yeah i can't spell!!!!

Move on nothing to see here!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Whose evryones favourite in it and which charater are you most like?

My favourite character is Carrie cos my love life seems to mirrors hers frequently, well except a day in my shoes would be more Barratts than manolo's :)
    Im told im more like Charlotte though as I have prudish tendencys especially when It comes to sex and dating

• Advertisement

I think we have a little bit of each in us tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Does anyone have any inkling of when it's likely to be out? I'd love to go to it, None of my mates watch it and I can only imagine what I'd be told if I mentioned it to my fella! :D

Sounds like a great idea, I'd just need to book time off to get to Dublin so I'd need a little notice of when.

I think we have a little bit of each in us tbh.

I think you're right. Its always been my understanding that each of the 4 women are different aspects to one woman's character, the wanna be raunchy sex goddess, the shopaholic, succcesful career woman and the one who wants to be a stay at home mum and wife.

takola wrote: »
    Does anyone have any inkling of when it's likely to be out? I'd love to go to it, None of my mates watch it and I can only imagine what I'd be told if I mentioned it to my fella! :D

Sounds like a great idea, I'd just need to book time off to get to Dublin so I'd need a little notice of when.

Sometime in May I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Me Me Me!!! I'll come!!

Oooh.. new clothes and unsuitable shoes!! *startsplanningshoppingspree* ..

Cosmos & the film !! Yay!!

Bx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I only ever saw the show now & again, but tried to catch-up when I bought my sis the boxsets :o (was more to do with not being able to put it on in case my parents walked in at the wrong time - you know what I mean?!)

But yeah I think it's a GREAT idea, so count me in!!! :D

kizzyr wrote: »
    Sometime in May I think.

Oh noes.... I'll be gone by then. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Sounds like a great idea girls - i never tire of the show - each time i watch an epsiode again i come away relating to something completely diff!!

Was lucky enough to see them filming in person when we were in NY in Oct - got photo's too - Big soo scrumptious in his suit (that's all i'll say :))

Anyone going over there i'd recommend the SATC tour too - BRILLIANT!! Free Cosmo's in Aidan's bar to boot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Ah girls you are such stars for thinking of this. I was pretty sad today thinking of my ex, and this idea has really cheered me up.
    So thank you very much :):):):):):):)

• Advertisement

/considers running out to the shops to blow some of my savings for travelling on the SATC boxset.. !

Advertisement