Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any guitarists interested in making video lessons? (yes, monies)

• 16-01-2008 4:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

So er, I've got a website which contains video-guitar tabs, about 1300 or so in total. Since boards rules say no tabs allowed, I'm not going to post the url here. Anyway, moving on, I'm looking for people to make video lessons for the archives on there.

Not video lessons as in "how to play the solo in that song", but moreso about theory, practical exercises, techniques etc etc. What I'm looking for are around these lines;

* Decent Sound & Video Quality - all video lessons will be hosted in high quality on our own servers
    * Well articulated - No extreme umm'ing or uhhh'ing
    * Talk to the viewer as you would expect their skill level to be for the video in question. There's no point telling someone about a sweep arpeggio over asus7 if your video is covering basic scales.
    * Provide tabbed copies of any excercises/lessons performed during the video
    * Minimum video resolution; 480 x 360 (slightly flexible - run it by me)
    * If your face is in the shot, that's no problem. But make sure the camera is always pointed at the guitar.
    * Try be interesting, and creative

Since the website is currently very small and not generating any cash (and will remain free as long as it's online), I can't afford to pay a lot for lessons. If anyone is interested at all though, I'm offering US$15 for each lesson. If you want to do a bulk batch or anything on that, run it by me.

So, if you fancy it, send me on a PM with any ideas you might have :)
    Cheers

Advertisement