Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin pet store the fish bowl lucan

Options
  • 16-01-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

has anybody been to the new pet shop in lucan at ross court? i was told he has a good range of hamsters(robovoroski-winter whites etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Anybody recommend this place? Otherwise, can anyone recommend a good store for fish in the city or in west Dublin or Kildare. Beginner here and I want to get off on the right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kalahari

COYW, maidenhead aquatics is probably the best place for healthy fish near dublin, it's in carlow but it's not too far to go and it's well worth it. They have more variety than i've ever seen in a pet shop.

OP - you could try calling the shop and asking if they have the hamster species you'd like or if they could order them in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Fintatiac Aquatics in Patrick Street in Dun Laoghaire. Great section price and quality fish

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

I find the fish bowl is quite good for fish anyway, staff are always very helpful, if you tell them what you're looking for or what you have in your tank, they'll be able to recommend different species.

They have hamsters and stuff there, but I wouldn't know much about what types they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

COYW wrote: »
    Anybody recommend this place? Otherwise, can anyone recommend a good store for fish in the city or in west Dublin or Kildare. Beginner here and I want to get off on the right foot.

There is quite a large fish section in the Orchard in Celbridge. Looks very comprehensive. I'm more in to dogs and gardening, so I can't comment on how good the fish section is. Maybe someone else will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

As Kalahari said Maidenhead is quite good and only a short trip out the road.

Seahorse Aquariums at the Red Cow roundabout on the N7 is another fantastic shop for fish.

Advertisement