Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance query

• 16-01-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

All the windows & windscreens in my car were smashed last night, cops took it away to gannons recovery centre. I am with quinn direct, but dont have windscreen cover.

I just want to check here before ringing quinn whether anyone thinks ill be covered on comphrensive insurance for this, as the bill could come to 1000 euro or more.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jesus man where do you live?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055218191

Why are you posting again ?

Anyways, as was said you'll need to check with the Insurance company. If you do claim it will affect your NCB. If you had Windscreen cover it would cover the windscreen only and would not affect your NCB.

Thats assuming you have fully comprehensive insurance.

Wouldnt make a claim on 1000 euro though .. its not worth it, you'll end up paying it back with interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Get it out of Gannons asap as they will charge you storage for every day it is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

craichoe wrote: »
    If you had Windscreen cover it would cover the windscreen only ....
    Don't think this is correct? May depend on the insurance company though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Windscreen cover covers all glass in the vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

DaveD wrote: »
    Get it out of Gannons asap as they will charge you storage for every day it is there.

Not when it's taken for evidence collection. They had mine for 2 weeks, no-one bothered to tell me they where finished with it and Garda station was engaged for 1 week.

Is there not a limit on how much they pay now? AFAIK they won't cover the full cost of the Ford heated windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Not on my policy with quinn

FFS MAN .. OPEN YOU POLICY AND LOOK IN IT ... ITS WRITTEN IN THE DAMN THING

Why are you wasting peoples time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Page 10 of the policy booklet under Section 3 Windscreen Cover
    We will pay the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or broken glass in the windscreen or windows of the vehicle, as long as there has not been any other loss or damage.

Claims under this section will not affect your no-claims bonus.

The most we will pay in any one period of insurance is €500.

It covers all windows.

(there's a couple of exceptions but the only notable ones are sunroofs and temporary vehicles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

craichoe wrote: »

Why are you wasting peoples time
    Why are you so defensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

i had a claim with quinn last year, they paid up and was sorted within 6 weeks or so, at renewal in Decemeber FBD bet Quinns quote by a good bit, so you won't necessarily be stuck with Quinn if you do claim. FBD also said that was the claim was settled and under 3k they didn't regard it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

patrickc wrote: »
    so you won't necessarily be stuck with Quinn if you do claim.

alot of people seem to be under an illusion(especiallypeople going to or coming from quinn) that if they claim they are somehow commited to that company forever. you can change company whenever you want. the only thing that might hinder it is if you have an active claim then you might have to wait for it to be settled before the other insurance company will take you.

Advertisement