Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does any body Know about the Terracan

Options
  • 16-01-2008 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I am looking to trade my Mitsubishi Pajero sport for something newer and I'm looking at a '04 Hyundai Terracan. however I dont know anything about them. I really want somebodys opinion, are they reliable, economy, power, any known faults etc.
    I want a vehicle that can pull a boat or mini-digger, do a little bit of off roading but will still be sort of economical for everyday use(that rules out the mitsubishis). I dont want to trade down in years (that rules out the toyotas)and my budget is 13-14K and i'd like fairly low milage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Don't know much about it but hyundai used to make the older version of the pajero (late 1980's / early 1990's) under license and called it the hyundai galloper so don't be surprised if the chassis / transmission is a development of that, making it very similar to the pajero. Economy wise, it's probably much the same as the pajero too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just be careful that its got all the recalls done on it especially the one for the metal filings in the fuel system--Roughly 3000 euros if it wasnt done under the recall.
    Great 4x4 besides that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're pox. underpowered, small inside, ugly and never cheap enough. They're pretty heavy on fuel too (this view is from personal experience of them)

there was a problem as Helleazer said cocerning the fuel pump, where basically the pump would disentigrate and get into the engine. not pretty. I've also seen a lot of problems with transmission - mostly diffs.

There are better options out there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    they're pox. underpowered, small inside, ugly and never cheap enough. They're pretty heavy on fuel too (this view is from personal experience of them)

I had one as a company vehicle for a year and never had any problems with it bar the recall mentioned above.Fuel economy is probably to be expected with a 2.9 diesel.
    Never found them small inside,cheap maybe but thats Hyundai for you(everythings plastic) or underpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Size wise inside, it's on a par with a Terrano or Pajero Sport. Whether you find it sufficently powerful or small depends on what you can compare it to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement