Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking the 8800GT

Options
  • 16-01-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anyone had a chance to have a go at one of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Fraid not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, awhirs on his second :p
    Just get the lastest rivatuner & away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah a few people here have them. Gline's got his running fairly overclocked with some aftermarket cooling. Check out his thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211475

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ya, awhirs on his second :p

whats Awhirs doin to them?eatin em:D

Ive been off the smokes since new years so today I kinda splashed out with the yoyo's ive saved.found a gt for €200.hope its here for the weekend.
    I really dont think you can go wrong with them as bang for buck they are numero uno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

as long as you have a 22" screen yeah. Other wise you would of been better of with a 3850 pro :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    as long as you have a 22" screen yeah. Other wise you would of been better of with a 3850 pro :)

? you mean 3870 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

muther fooker supplier called this afternoon and said there was a mistake on the online system.:mad:

@ 200 euro it was cheaper than the 3870 Anti and its kinda better at that.

ah well just have to keep waiting now.

EDIT:

think theyve done me a favour actually cause me mobo is crossfire certified and not sli.

ATI better get there **** together real soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Yeh the 8800gt's are great. I have mine oc'd to 700,1000 with rivatuner.

1 thing i will say though, the stock cooling is too loud and crap at keeping temps low.

I would get a better cooler if you want to OC or if you want it to be quiet.

Advertisement