Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Plagne - Anyone been There -Thoughts?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Have found a good deal with Crystal for this and other resorts in France - namely Valmorel. I was in Valmorel last year and really enjoyed the skiing but thought it was fairly expensive and not very lively in the evenings (not looking for anything mad but some atmosphere would be great).
    Anyway so wondering about La Plagne as I have never heard of it. It's a glacier resort so snow shouldn't be a problem. It has a massive no of runs 20 blue 195, red and 29 black which seems great.
    Question is - what is accommodation like? Is it expensive once you get there (like most French resorts) and what is the nightlife like?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You sure you have the right number of runs there?

La Plagnes was linked with Les Arcs to make a resort called Paradiski, but the cable car linking the two is closed this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Thats what it says in the broucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doogo

La Plagne is a huge resort, even without the Vanoise Express link to Les Arcs - there are a lot of villages within the resort and some are more lively than others - check www.snowheads.com for details of La Plagne - I've only stayed in Les Arcs and skiied for a day in La Plagne but from what I saw, it seems like a good place and yes, the slopes are very extensive indeed - easily enough to keep the best going for a month, let alone a week

Advertisement