Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Styles: Aligning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote: »
    Care to explain what you mean by that?

You want me to change coz people aren't happy with me? ... explain all the fan mail so?

Anyway:

If I had one wish it'd be for 6th to cha-ange.

Really? One wish and you'd wish for that? Me thinks you need to look at your life a bit. Off to PI with you.

Yes, the serious response to a comedic post can work, if you can pull it off properly.

Which you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DeVore wrote: »
    What "job" was that 6th?

DeV.

This "job" I guess: http://mylifeonboards.blogspot.com/.../picky-little-bitches.html

(Some people have way too much time on their hands)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thanks a bunch, 6th, me headache's back with a vengeance.

Serves you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Serves me right? I dont get it?

I noted something about a thread, it made me think about the alignment thing and other posting styles, I posted on my blog about it and then started a thread here to get feedback - very simple.
    I think I'll start a Feedback thread to see what peoples reactions would be to a different posting style i.e. centred or right aligned posts. Here's what it would look like - is it that difficult to read?

I got answers to my wonderings from people here and all is good with the world.

Anything wrong with that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It would annoy me but I wouldn't ban anyone for it. I would probably edit the post, fix it and ask them to stop doing it. Agree with Gordon on the black text, it irritates the crap out of me and I can't figure out why anyone would do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I noted something about a thread, it made me think about the alignment thing and other posting styles, I posted on my blog about it and then started a thread here to get feedback - very simple

Ahhh! There's the pay off... It's all to promote your little blog.

And to right the wrong that was Bossarky stealing all the attention last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

¿sıɥʇ ǝʞıl pǝʇsod llɐ ǝʍ ɟı ʇnoqɐ ʇɐɥʍ

Spankeh wrote: »
    ¿sıɥʇ ǝʞıl pǝʇsod llɐ ǝʍ ɟı ʇnoqɐ ʇɐɥʍ

Go away terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Care to explain what you mean by that?

You want me to change coz people aren't happy with me? ... explain all the fan mail so?

Tis simple maths!
    i66280_OneWish.jpg
    6th posting = Psi cry + a puppy die + baby Jebus cry. Duh!!

I don't know art but I know what I likes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like how the representation of Psi is androgynous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Don't like it? Report it. report.gif

I think it was taken as the joke it was.

How about I point out to you what type of person you come across as in the thread in question. If anything was taken as a joke it was you. Place yourself in real life and ask if you'd make that comment, because thats how I'm judging you. You fail, with epic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    IT certainly has it's functions.
    it woudl be one way of telling the differences

between the different voices
    in a person's head and who it is that
    it typint this time but it certainly

has it's flaws due to the fact that
    sets the limits two three voices or
    opinions.

Its all a bit Pratchettesque/Death

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

psi wrote: »

Aw. You look so cute in that pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Its all a bit Pratchettesque/Death

Reaperman was such an intresting book.

Boston wrote: »
    Place yourself in real life and ask if you'd make that comment, because thats how I'm judging you. You fail, with epic proportions.

Sorry I'm reading that as:
    Internet = real life

And for that I am going to have to give you a D- I'm sorry. Please don't feel disheartened, you can reset the test next term.

Are you sure thats just the alignment?
    psi's little poem about 6th

i66280_OneWish.jpg
    Yes, the serious response to a comedic post can work, if you can pull it off properly.

Which you can't.

If you had at least addressed the topic of the thread like everyone else maybe you would have come across as something other than an 3rd rate comedian with poor drawing skillz and a hard-on for me.

Now for your next masterpiece could you maybe draw me again but make it look like I give a fuck? Seriously, my mum says she'll buy it and put it on the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Thanks 6th, I'll give it pride and place between my degrees on me wall. You're not a bad sort really.

Thanks 6th, I'll give it pride and place between my degrees on me wall. You're not a bad sort really.

I thought you would at least have offered yourself up for some extra credit work, then I remembered that you find me repulsive cry.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

this would make a great Cuckoo's Nest thread

another thing, why not post in loads of colours?

this would make a great Cuckoo's Nest thread

Damn, I'd have to miss it - I'm banned.
    another thing, why not post in loads of colours?

Too much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like it. The subject of the post was dodgy but if he (or anyone) posted like that regularily would that be cool?

Biko, you're a stickler for the sigs so how do you feel about this?

Justified and ancient, that's how I like it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Stark wrote: »
    This "job" I guess: http://mylifeonboards.blogspot.com/.../picky-little-bitches.html

(Some people have way too much time on their hands)

Is it really appropriate to be taking content which people post here on boards and reproducing it elsewhere, in particular when it appears to be for the express purpose of poking fun at them ?

Who had fun poked at them? The people who were slagging in the OP in the thread I addressed?

Nothing wrong with it at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Maybe poking fun isn't the right term. Name calling and abuse might be better, singling out casey212 to call him/her a nut, and now calling people "picky-little-bitches.html". Maybe it's just me, but taking peoples posts and posting them on your blog just so you can call them names seems very wrong to me. Whatever about any potential copyright issues, it strikes me as being very much against the ethos of boards.

Sounds like a topic for a new thread.

Start one and I'll be happy to discuss it but keep in mind that people take articles and post them on Boards to discuss them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

A few years back someone got in trouble for taking a personal grudge against a mod/user out on them in their blog.

I dont doubt it but my blog could hardly be seen as that at this early stage?

As for posting content from Boards you have to ask who owns the content:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055219056

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

i just the entireity of this thread, and the original one on paramornal. 6th, in your fist post you say that the majority of posts commented on the punctuation of the op. there were four such posts on a thread of 16 posts, some of which, like yours, about the subject matter in tremendous detail. So, why start a feedback thread on it? You should have anticipated the personal aspect that would have ensued, man. God damn it i hate feedback threads, they should all be in the helpdesk.

Advertisement