Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes Eng diagostic Indicator Lamp

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

I've an E220 CDI and driving home last night, I noticed the car was struggling power wise (ie,it was stuggling to getup speed and stuggling getting up hills). I noticed the Eng Diagnostic Indicator lamp is staying on......anyone have an idea what could be going on? Do I need a trip to a Mercededes Garage (ouch €) or is it something the local mechanic can rectify?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Merc mechanic time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Sounds like the car has gone into "limp home mode" .

Yes sounds like a trip to the Merc dealer alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Agree with E92, could be a whole range of problems. Your car has reverted to run in safe mode till you get to a proper mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

Urghh, probably didn't help by me deciding I'd drive it to work this morning (albeit very slowly).....will drop it to the garage and see what they say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You'll deffo need diagnostics done. The obvious port of call is a Merc dealer although there's a few independents around who have the kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement