Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Irelands new Government Now!

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

After reading many of the same posts on out elected government, the same government that the people have voted for time and again, i want to ask the vocal oppisition a simple few questions. The first question is simple, but what i want point out, if pick for example the green's, it means a greens overall majority, however unrealistic that may be, what i want to know is what party you think could do a better job running the country

1. What party do you believe would be a more successful government?

2. Are you over 18 and Registered to vote?

3. Did you vote in the last general election?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

it's a nice diversionary tactic away from the threads on Bertie's difficulties, I'll give you that :eek: (the Boards equivalent of sending ministers out to fulminate against the costs of Mahon)

1. at the moment - FG. If PDs were bigger, then them.

2. Yes

3. No (away)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

1. FG, Labour, Greens.

2.yes

3.yes

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

1. Greens

2. Yes

3. Yes (Greens and FG)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

1. FG, Labour, Greens (may review the Greens given their weak performance so far).

2. Yes

3. Yes - FG, Labour, Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

it's a nice diversionary tactic away from the threads on Bertie's difficulties, I'll give you that :eek: (the Boards equivalent of sending ministers out to fulminate against the costs of Mahon)

It was suggested to me to start a new thread, id posted it in that topic but was.. "off topic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I think that what the OP wants is the single party that you think would be best in government, as a majority:

So:
    PDs
    Yes
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I think that what the OP wants is the single party that you think would be best in government, as a majority:

So:
    PDs
    Yes
    Yes

PD Single Party government ?
    They will need a fair few more seats or will Matta Harrie do it all by herself :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Tommy T

In an ideal world PD's

Yes

Yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rcecil

1. 1. A SF/lab coalition Cavan TD Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin as Taoisech
    2. Yes
    3. Have not voted in an Irish election yet but will for next local...

Now that labor dumped Pat Rabbitte and got trounced in their terrible coalition, perhaps they will help Sinn Fein to be an effective opposition to the corporate takeover of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Oh, in that case, Páirtí Cumannach na hÉireann.

Yes
    Yes

• Advertisement

A sinn feinn Majority Government.

Id be interested to see what their policies on economic growth are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've gotten to the stage where parties mean very little to me, I just voted for individuals, nothing to do with parties. Suppose a FG-led might shake things up a wee bit tho.
    Yes
    Yes - FG, SF, FF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

snyper wrote: »
    It was suggested to me to start a new thread, id posted it in that topic but was.. "off topic"

Oh you know probably not as good as FFs :( sigh.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

1. FG led government, people seem to forget how successful the last rainbow coalition was

2. Yes

3. Yes (gave the 3 FG candidates 1-2-3 in my area)

PS I have absolutely no party allegance (apart from dispising everything FF stand for), I was voting to try minimise the chance of another FF led government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭duggie-89

well it would be

1. SF (but possibly a SF/Lab)

2. Yes

3. No

well uits economic policy would e in the better interest of berties who simply "takes the advice of Building FRIENDS"

also the importance should be on substainable economy not the buck fast one Snyper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

1. PD's
    2. Over 18 but not registered to vote.
    3. Didn't vote in last election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

rcecil wrote: »

Now that labor dumped Pat Rabbitte and got trounced in their terrible coalition, perhaps they will help Sinn Fein to be an effective opposition to the corporate takeover of Ireland.

I usually abstain from voting because there is no party that comes close to representing my views. However if I thought Sinn Fein were going to be in control of this country i'd have to return to stop them. They are without doubt the most clueless party I've ever come across and that is saying something.

I usually abstain from voting because there is no party that comes close to representing my views. However if I thought Sinn Fein were going to be in control of this country i'd have to return to stop them. They are without doubt the most clueless party I've ever come across and that is saying something.

really why do you say that????

cause i think that is quite a far reaching statement cause firstly what political partiy doesn't know what its doing????

every political party has some idea of what it wants weather that is what you want or not is different. but your post was quite well ****ed up

duggie-89 wrote: »
    really why do you say that????

cause i think that is quite a far reaching statement cause firstly what political partiy doesn't know what its doing????

every political party has some idea of what it wants weather that is what you want or not is different. but your post was quite well ****ed up

You obv didnt watch the televised debate of the leaders before the election. Gerry was like a hound lost in the woods, clueless as to anything to do with economic development.

Sinn Fein are so far leftwing they make Russians look like capitalists.

also the importance should be on substainable economy not the buck fast one Snyper

Ok, now that we've established this, what ideas have they put forward to acheive a more sustainable economy.

• Advertisement

You obv didnt watch the televised debate of the leaders before the election. Gerry was like a hound lost in the woods, clueless as to anything to do with economic development.

lol you seem to think the russians are not capitalist???? have you not paied attention to the way russia is going the vast privateisation of all its industries especially its energy ones to huge tyrannts who backed putin for power only for him to turn on them.

russia is worst than america in that way.

well your mistaken i did and what i seen was gerry adams trying to explain that SF were in a process of renewing its views on the economy. something of a discussion i took part in.

Ok, now that we've established this, what ideas have they put forward to acheive a more sustainable economy.

well i cant post a link to any actually bill but i can say is that a large part of the SF party believe in home grown industries and not foreign multi-nationals for long term growth.

ie NOT shell and trying not to rely on the big US computer companies especially in the midlands. if they were to pull out what then?????

how long will this building boom last for and then what???

answer me that????

Snyper, Russians are capitalists! :eek:

Snyper, Russians are capitalists! :eek:

In a communist system, the government controls the production and distribution of goods.
    In the United States, the economy is based on a capitalist model.

duggie-89 wrote: »
    well i cant post a link to any actually bill but i can say is that a large part of the SF party believe in home grown industries and not foreign multi-nationals for long term growth.

ie NOT shell and trying not to rely on the big US computer companies especially in the midlands. if they were to pull out what then?????
    The govenment already supports homegrown enterprises, most of which dont need to compete with the larger multinationals

Your aguement is Non sequitur.

In a communist system, the government controls the production and distribution of goods.
    In the United States, the economy is based on a capitalist model.

Oh right, thanks for the explaination, now everything is a lot clearer. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Labour.

realistically, this country desperately needs a FG/Lab coalition as our next government and that is the government that i hope to see running this country by 2012 at the latest.

Yes and Yes

Yes

sadly conned into voting for the Green Party but thankfully i'll never vote for them again

Oh right, thanks for the explaination, now everything is a lot clearer. :rolleyes:

I really doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭SeanW

1: FG, Labour
    2: Yes
    3: Yes

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The only credible opposition would be led by FG, so they get my vote. "Successful" government is a red herring. We need accountable government, not the incredible arrogance that's the hallmark of FF lately.
    Yes.
    I've voted in every national, local, European and presidential election, as well as every referendum, that I've been able to for the last 20-odd years.

Advertisement