Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nixers Mechanic Wanted.

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I'm sick of getting ripped off by garages. Does anyone have a contact for a decent outside-office-hours mechanic? From chatting to people, I seem to be the only sucker that's paying top dollar for bog standard car maintenance.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

if you're in anyway handy, do the bog standard car maintenance yourself.

An oil change is not hard, nor is changing air filters etc.
    You can get your brakes done in one of the fast fit places. Give it a go, you might surprise yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I'm to car maintenance what Steve McClaren is to football management.

A dent I can barely see is costing E750 to repair, and a timing chain job cost me E1100 (E750 labour???).

I didn't dent it, some guy in a Lexus reversed straight into me as I was sitting reading, parked. It'll cost him, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

I know a panel beater that can fix the dent ( is it that bad if you can barley see it?) and a few different mechanics that could do the other job. I'm sure it would be cheaper than what you have there. PM me with the details of your car and where the dent is exactly I'll call them to see if they can give me a quote. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

I know a Guy who does a full service for 150
    or clutch for 250
    stamps your book and everything
    he is over 40 years a mechanic
    he even maintains my porsche !
    PM me if you want his deltails
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Lewe

I'm an apprentice mechanic and i do alot of nixers.....If ya want me details just send me a pm....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I'll save them and use them over the coming weeks. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

My yoke needs a once over too, and a wheel balance. any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Stocious

folks,

wonderin if anyone can recommend a mechanic. car ingintion and steering colum is busted so dont know what needs to be done. cant start car so take it mechanic would need to come out to fix it? around the D15 area,

cheers for any advice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

roughan wrote: »
    I know a Guy who does a full service for 150

I do them for €50.

Advertisement