Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car order for July?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on when we will be able to order a new car under the new vrt/tax system? Will you be able to make an order in April/May based on a 8-12 week delivery time or will it be from a strictly July on basis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Heres a random thought.....Ask the dealer???;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'd say tell the dealer you want car X but don't want it registered till July. If it's a particular spec it will take a few months before it comes into the country anyway.

A couple of people have mentioned it here on Motors that they have had delivery of their 520d's deferred till July, even though they were due to be delivered in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Heres a random thought.....Ask the dealer???;)

Wow i would never have thought of that all on my own :rolleyes:
    I prefare the non bull approach here first anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I rang a BMW dealer about the 123d coupe yesterday out of interest.

He could not tell me the price of the car in July 1st - but still wanted me to order one ?

Anyway the price he gave me as a rough guide was 3k dearer than the price I had worked out ( (currentprice - 30%) + 16%) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

omega man wrote: »
    Wow i would never have thought of that all on my own :rolleyes:
    I prefare the non bull approach here first anyhow.
    You are asking a question which only the dealer can answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Anan1 wrote: »
    You are asking a question which only the dealer can answer.

Other people may have had experience with this already as robamerc just posted. He also got a shady answer as i suspect will happen when i contact a dealer.

Advertisement