Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Broke - warrany/gaurantee ???

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi folks i bought my tv approx 3 months ago - 32inch lcd tv.
    Got it in DID Electrical.

Last night it started flickering and now wont turn on.

Can anyone tell me my rights regarding this - can i bring it back to the shop. Do i get in contact with the makers(LG) or am i totally screwed.

I have the receipt?

I have no extended warranty or anything - just whatever came with it - i think its 12 months gaurantee. I have no box or anything like that. But i do have all the parts.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Bring it back to shop with receipt and they will either: Repair it, Refund it, or give you store credit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bring it back to shop with receipt and they will either: Repair it, Refund it, or give you store credit.

Or possibly exchange, but nearly always a repair is attempted in the case of large electricals.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deal with the store as that is where you purchased the TV. They will either repair, refund or replace. Those are your rights as a consumer. Further information is available from Consumer Connect.

Advertisement