Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fred WTF!!?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Seriously.....What the f__k?

The January transfer window arrives as an opportunity to put things right where weve been going wrong, And the dogs in the street know that is DEFENCE + MIDFIELD. But No. Let's buy another striker. Better still - let's buy a striker who has a history of going AWOL.

Did we not learn our lesson in the summer with Bent!! Look at what contribution hes made to the season so far. 16 million worth.

COMMOLLI OUT!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

id be raging...ye've one of the best strike forces in the country but no defenders.
    he should be buying 2-3 decent defenders with the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I see yere point lads re. defenders. You could add a couple of midfielders into that as well.But if Fred is coming in surely it can only mean that Defore and/or Bent are on the way out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

there has to be a dtriker going...and mid, and fe in thepipelines just the papers havent gotten wind of it yet...otherwise!?!? WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

They aint bringing him in for nothing. I would assume Defoe will defo go if Fred comes in. Maybe they are getting him now to replace Berb from the summer on, maybe they thing they will miss out on him if they wait until the summer !!!

I personally like Bent, cant stand people slating him and he has only played a handful of games for us.

Im sure Ramos has defenders and midfielders in mind but its easier said than done. He might have to wait until the summer to land his main targets from Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I wasn't slating Bent, I was just asking have we not learnt our lesson about splashing millions on players we don't need. I mean, 3 of our 4 strikers are already unsettled as it is. What are trying to do?...piss of Robbie Keane, the one settled one?

I agree Defoe has to go, but we dont need anyone to replace him. Between the remaining 3 we have more than enough options. Our strikers will look after themselves. Can we just concentrate on the midfield and centre back areas??!!! Thats the foundation on which successful teams are built.

Yknow one of the main things that makes Berba want to move to a better club is the fact that he'l no longer be playing who are hapless at defending. If we hadve spent that Bent 16mil wiser in the summer who knows what position we'd be in right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Didnt mean you chief, I meant in general. Spurs fans have have'nt given him a chance for me. I think if he got a good run in the team like keane and berb have together, he could score goals for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I think if he got a good run in the team like keane and berb have together, he could score goals for us.

Im not sure about that mate.I just dont think he has the confidence to play for a big club like spurs,he was better off being a big fish in a small pond like Charlton or Ipswich.He is suited to the long ball over the top type of play where he can play off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace. Spurs play a more patient build up game which just doesnt suit Bent IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

latest word is that Fred is staying at Lyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Thank fook for that.
    Lets hope Downing is staying at Boro too.
    Let 1 of Defoe or Bent to go to Villa or Newcastle, Keep the other. With the dough let's get a topclass defensive midfielder, Centre and Right back would be nice and we've a **** hot squad at full fitness come Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

KingdomYid wrote: »
    He is suited to the long ball over the top type of play where he can play off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace. Spurs play a more patient build up game which just doesnt suit Bent IMO.
    Can't say I agree with that, Keane has scored a good few goals this season that were long balls over the top when he was on the shoulder of a defender, bit of pace and into the back of the net - something, as you say, Bent is supposed to do well? So I would say, we do play that type of game (at times) as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement