Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non sports bar in Sligo!

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am heading to Sligo soon and am looking for a nice bar for drinks before hitting Bianconis. Here is the criteria.

No TV's, nice fire, good atmosphere and not jammers. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Fureys - Bridge Street
    McGlynns - Across From Garda Station
    Shoot the Crows - Castle Street
    McLaughlins - High Street - No Fire

That should quench the thirst!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Perfect, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

+1 Furey's is the spot...

Yeah, is it owned by Dervish? Looks nice.

Nope not owned by Dervish, two members used to have the lease on it, I used to do a few shifts in there during that time.

Friend of a friend runs it now decent guy, nice pints...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Shoots and Fureys.
    (is there still music there JoeyJJ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

tuppence wrote: »
    Shoots and Fureys.
    (is there still music there JoeyJJ?)

Only when JoeyJJ is there
    Voice like a Lark he has!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Shoots and Furys are good but they are always jammers at the weekends, well Shoots anyway.

If you are going during a weeknight you should be ok though and try Magarrigles too.

Shoots and Furys are good but they are always jammers at the weekends

I was hoping to get there at around seven, shouldn't be to bad then...

Thanks all...

Ah yeah that should be grand, the fireplace in Shoots is right down the back. Have fun!

• Advertisement

Not sure of the music these days don't get in as much since im in dublin alot...

Gillie don't be jealous of my musical talents, not everyone can be as talented as me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Definitely has to be Furey's or McLaughlin's. Both are great spots. I haven't been in Furey's since they done it up though so I have no idea what it's like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

When I was in Sligo at Christmas there was a fairly big hole (understatement!)next to Fureys. What's going in there?

I was in Furys once since they done it up and I must admit I prefered it the way it was before they done it up, but in saying that it was packed the time I went in and we only stayed for one drink because it was too jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Shoots and McLaughlins should fit the bill. Fureys if a 5 min walk isn't out of the way. I tink Dervish no longer run it though. McGarrigles is just across the street and have a big fireplace and no T.V. (they usen't have one anyway).
    The hole beside Furey's is Shenanigans. They're totally rebuilding it. It looks like they're putting in a cellar for stock, presumably to make the bar as big as possible on the ground floor.

Advertisement