Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Pay Monthly or PostPay?

• 16-01-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I need to review my phone connection and am looking into which is the best way to go.

Considering JUST postpay (there is another thread for prepay)...

Who are you with?
    What are the pros and cons of them?
    If you have data connection, are you happy with it?

So far I've gathered this info:

- 250 free web texts anywhere in the world
    - expensive data connection through GPRS only (add on 40euro for 10Gb)
    - can see complete call breakdown online
    - expensive calls
    - voicemail call is charged
    - best customer service

Vodafone
    - 99c per 50Mb per day, but only on vodafone live! (no fring)
    - 300 free web texts but only to irish numbers
    - see call breakdown online
    - cheaper calls than O2
    - voicemail call is free

3 Pay
    - 20 euro for unlimited data (not sure what that is restricted to)
    - no free web texts?
    - cannot see call breakdown online
    - cheapest calls
    - free voicemail call
    - crap customer service

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Once again, incorrect with O2's data options there.

I am afraid you don't provide enough info to really help.

How many minutes do you spend on your phoen a week?

How many texts in an average day?

How much data consumption?

Roaming? International texts?

Different circumstances effect which network offer the best service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I am with o2 and i find them great. They have a 3g network too and it is good.
    My girlfriend is on three and I was considering going to them but after listening to some of the grief she has had to go through with porting and all that lark and whenever she calls customer service, she seems to be transferred two or three times before she is dealt with properly and also whenever she calls she seems to be on the phone for a half an hour to do the most simple thing such as pay a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

SDooM wrote: »
    Once again, incorrect with O2's data options there.

Odd - I got that information from experience and from their own brochure - perhaps you could enlighten us?
    I am afraid you don't provide enough info to really help.
    How many minutes do you spend on your phoen a week?
    How many texts in an average day?
    How much data consumption?
    Roaming? International texts?
    Different circumstances effect which network offer the best service.

Yep, which is why I'm looking for others' pros and cons and what they've found. My own use varies considerably so it's almost impossible to pin down - some month's I'll be calling abroad a lot, some I'll be travelling, some I'll mainly text and others I'll mainly talk and then others I'll barely touch it.

I did find that on O2 speakeasy with no add ons I was paying out about 100 a month, which is a bit rich for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If you call abroad then O2, even with speakeasy, then 1call (www.1call.ie) can give good rates. When roaming in Europe rates are now increasingly similar owing to EU regulation, but Voda have the passport thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

kersti wrote: »
    Odd - I got that information from experience and from their own brochure - perhaps you could enlighten us?

Yep, which is why I'm looking for others' pros and cons and what they've found. My own use varies considerably so it's almost impossible to pin down - some month's I'll be calling abroad a lot, some I'll be travelling, some I'll mainly text and others I'll mainly talk and then others I'll barely touch it.

I did find that on O2 speakeasy with no add ons I was paying out about 100 a month, which is a bit rich for me

Must be an old brochure. I worked for o2 while they rolled out their 3g network. I am sure you have seen their ads for mobile broadband, also?

I'm looking at a 3g O2 phone right now, in case you have any doubt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement