Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillie..

• 16-01-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I've noticed over the last couple of days Gillie that it doesn't show you as moderator of Sligo anymore. Neither on the forum or when you post.

You didn't quit being mod did you? :confused::(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I'm afraid I did Takola!
    I'm not going to get into it here but I had to step down for personal reasons.

I hope to continue to post quite regularly here.

I know that Muffler and Nanook are looking at getting a replacement as the forum is getting quite busy.

Shouldn't be long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Boo hiss... You did a good job Gillie... Needs to be a Sligo head if possible for the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

That's a pity Gillie, I did think you were the best guy for the job considering how well you know Sligo! :(

Agree with Joey, We would need a Sligo head for new mod if at all possible!

And to take the thread to a lighter tone.. Does this mean I can go back to thinking you're a girl Gillie? :D Felt like I'd lost a limb when I found out you were a man!!

takola wrote: »
    Does this mean I can go back to thinking you're a girl Gillie? :D Felt like I'd lost a limb when I found out you were a man!!
    :confused:WTF???
    Can I ask why you thought I was a girl?

I've tried to figure it out myself. Must just be the nick seems girly and some of the first posts I read from you came across as a girl in college in Sligo.

Hmm! Must just be me :confused::D

• Advertisement

I've tried to figure it out myself. Must just be the nick seems girly and some of the first posts I read from you came across as a girl in college in Sligo.

Hmm! Must just be me :confused::D

:eek:
    I feel dirty!

*Runs off to watch some UFC to feel like a man again*

It's ok, When I copped that you're a man I started reading your posts as though they're posted by a man. If that makes sense!

Still makes me laugh though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Will you two get a room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

so any nominations for moderator. Personally I would like to nominate GILLIE and have him back where he belongs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

nanook wrote: »
    so any nominations for moderator. Personally I would like to nominate GILLIE and have him back where he belongs

I'm a lurker, but if you need someone who spends more time here than in their job then I'm for you!

I modded for a few years in my college forums so I have experience in the challenging world of squashing stuff with the mod-stick ;)

Anywho, I'm here if you need someone, and I'm in Sligo, so that's a good thing, right?

• Advertisement

nanook wrote: »

Thanks for the support but i'm happy to hand the reins over to someone else.

I would nominate CountingCrows or ilgatto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Gillie wrote: »

If you are asking for nominations and if Gillie isnt returning,(Gillie for mayor!) it would be nice to see some female representation though wouldnt it. I reckon Magnumlady would do a sound job if she were willing.
    No offence lads ye are cool but wrong gender.
    *Countingcrows and ilgatto head off to cross dress.;)

tuppence wrote: »
    I you are asking for nominations and if Gillie isnt returning,(Gillie for mayor!) it would be nice to see some female representation though wouldnt it. I reckon Magnumlady would do a sound job if she were willing.
    *Countingcrows and ilgatto head off to cross dress.;)

*peeks head out* I'm a girl!

But if someone a bit more "known" like MagnumLady was up for it it'd make more sense.

fozzle wrote: »
    *peeks head out* I'm a girl!

But if someone a bit more "known" like MagnumLady was up for it it'd make more sense.

Phew another female, thats great. Nice one you covering all bases. And fast on the keyboard! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ooooooo any nominations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I look quite good in a dress I'll have you know ;)

I think we could let this run for a wee while and as nanook said look for your nominations. Keep them coming and maybe give the reason why you are nominating someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Gillie wrote: »

Who me :o I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal!

fozzle +1

Fozzle +1 but you'll have to come out of hiding!! :D

Magnum Lady is well known but I'm not sure if she's online enough? Either of you too girlies would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

In the sad absence of Gillie... I say Magnumlady for Queen!

Hi all, by the way, I've been away awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Oh shucks, I'm touched (in the head!!):D

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    In the sad absence of Gillie... I say Magnumlady for Queen!

Hi all, by the way, I've been away awhile

Okay thats two each.
    Welcome back btw!
    *where were you? If we speak low enough they might'nt notice we are straying off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

YES YES YES MAGNUM FOR QUEEN....

Hi Tuppence, (sshhh), busy going bankrupt, surviving Christmas with a houseful of guests, still no internet access... otherwise grand!

Fozzle +1 but you'll have to come out of hiding!! :D

Magnum Lady is well known but I'm not sure if she's online enough? Either of you too girlies would be my choice.

I'm not hiding, the retail park steals me away for eight hours a day though. :(

Can I vote for me? 'Cos I like me....... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

fozzle wrote: »
    I'm not hiding, the retail park steals me away for eight hours a day though. :(

Can I vote for me? 'Cos I like me....... ;)

Go for it Fozzle.

I know what its like to be stolen by the retail park too.

Go for it Fozzle.

I know what its like to be stolen by the retail park too.

Hi guinnessdrinker is that a nomination then or sympathy vote for the retail park? 3/2 if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Hi guinnessdrinker is that a nomination then or sympathy vote for the retail park? 3/2 if it is.

Yeah a vote for Fozzle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont get carried away with counting "votes" people as it doesn't really work that way. It does however give us a wee idea as to what way you are thinking though.

I need to talk to nanook about this but we might, and I repeat might, just open a new thread on the subject of a new mod.

muffler wrote: »
    Dont get carried away with counting "votes" people as it doesn't really work that way. .

Phew! The responsibility was beginning to get to me.

Phew! The responsibility was beginning to get to me.
    Lol! And here was I thinking I'd change my vote to you due to your organisational skills ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

in similarties to the current serch for a new ireland manager, i would like to announce that i am offically ruling my self out of applying to the post of new sligo mod

:)

Advertisement