Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chainreactioncycles delivery time

Options
  • 16-01-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Yo,
    I ordered stuff from them and it was posted on the third. No sign of it yet. All of my previous orders have been very slow, or one hasn't even turned up. I had to get them to send on the stuff again.

Does anyone else get such slow delivery ? I'm in Dublin.

Gav

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I get slow delivery from everyone, Probikekit, Wiggle, Parker, Chain Reaction, you name it. You would think that packages from the UK would only take a few days, but it's often two weeks or so. I'm pretty much resigned to it at this stage. You would think that because they're in Northern Ireland they might be a bit quicker, but obviously no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ive always gotten them in 1-2 working days. maybe they are slow processing orders because of the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Hmm, never had problem with them. Get stuff in 3 days with regular post and over night with a courier if I order early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

http://www.epicmtb.com/smf/index.php?topic=5047.0;topicseen

similar problems on this thread.
    I personally have never had any problems, usually 2-3 days delivery time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Weird. Thing is that I ordered off wiggle the same day and got the stuff 3 days later...

I wonder if it's the local postie is crap or something.

Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I usually get my stuff next working day. I actually always thought that there service was amazing and assumed it was the same for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I ordered equipment from them around the same date and got them about 3 or 4 days later. So far I am very impressed with there delivery service

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1-2days for me. Think the longest was 3 days (when in stock). Did you check to see if it was in stock? and I take it you got the "posted confirmation email".

You would think that packages from the UK would only take a few days, but it's often two weeks or so
    UK can be 3 weeks for me. Up north is no problem. US is faster than UK deliveries. US is nearly always 5 working days for me, standard airmail.

Sometimes I bump up my order with stuff like tubes to get the 24hr courier, or email mates to see if they need stuff fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I ordered from them at 5.30pm wednesday last week.

Thursday the credit card company rang to verify the order.

Friday 2pm i emailed them to ask if it had been dispatched.

Friday 3pm i got the automated postage email.

Friday 3.30pm the bike arrived.

Saturday afternoon i got a reply to me email telling me the bike was despatched on thursday and already delivered...

This was obviosly the parcelforce 24hr servce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

An order I placed on December 27th took about ten days to arrive but I put it down to the Christmas rush. Normally I find stuff arrives within three working days.

• Advertisement

Aye, got the mail on the 3rd. Sent off an email to them asking why delivery could be so slow. It's odd, most likely something to do with An Post. They can really be dire sometimes.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Verb wrote: »
    Weird. Thing is that I ordered off wiggle the same day and got the stuff 3 days later...

I wonder if it's the local postie is crap or something.

Gav

It is not unknown for a local postie to post it to themselves!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

they are putting in a new it system and upgrading their warehouse~¬ so things are a bit slow since christmas¬

you know the phone is a great way to communicate! all this emailing is clogging servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

chain reactions are usually very quick to dispatch orders. They are based in Antrim so usually they dont take as long as the Main land uk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

My experience is 1-3 days, very quick usually. Can be difficult to get them on the phone, email works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah I'd say I'm usually waiting about 3 days with CRC. I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I have never had any problems and have found them to be the quickest in terms of deliveries over the likes of Probikekit, Wiggle etc.. . I have bought a range of products from a full bicycle to tubes and never had any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Hi

A bit off point, but does anyone have any experience of ordering from the US? Are delivery times what the supplier said?

By the way 2-3 days with Chain reaction. Good product range and user friendly site.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Guys I can confirm that delays are due to the installation of a new computer system. The transistion to the new system didnt go as smoothly as they would have hoped and some orders are back logged. They are working on back orders and trying to get things back to usuall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Good to know. Thanks.
    MREGAN wrote: »
    Guys I can confirm that delays are due to the installation of a new computer system. The transistion to the new system didnt go as smoothly as they would have hoped and some orders are back logged. They are working on back orders and trying to get things back to usuall.

• Advertisement

MREGAN wrote: »

Don't see how that can be the case with mine. They said it was posted on the third. However, good news, it finally arrived yesterday !

11 working days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Don't see how that can be the case with mine. They said it was posted on the third. However, good news, it finally arrived yesterday !

11 working days later.

Yours sounds like a postal problem.

Advertisement