Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most painfull accident

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Wacker wrote: »
    There was quite the gale blowing one day when I was 4 years old. The front and back doors were both open, creating a wind tunnel. I was heading into the kitchen, and *slam*. My little finger on my right hand was crushed at the tip.
    T'was painful.

Wow.... That happened to me cept it was my left hand. I could see into my finger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

1 having a petrol lamp blow up in my face which covered me in burnig petrol- second degree burns over my entire body including my tongue- not fun walking around like a mommy for 2 months when you're 8

2 my hand getting ripped to shreds when it got caught between 2 cogs in a combined harvester

3 my brother frying something, me behind, he turns around and hits me in the throat with the pan and pours all the oil down my front

4 receiving a ball in my feet at the swimming pool, which knocks me forward and i fall flat on my face breaking my 2 front teeth- soup for 2 weeks after that cause it was agony

to mention but a few :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

GAAman wrote: »
    Swimming in australia bout 2 days after arriving and feel this really sharp crushing pain in my leg, thinkin this is it a fsuckin shark is after gettin me i drag myself back to shore

The undercurrent was that strong it pulled my entire calf muscle outta place and pushed it around to the front of my shin :eek: it looked cool but i was literally seein red cos of the pain and you know the worst thing about it?..........everybody was freakin out about it that much nobody took a bleedin picture!!! :mad:

Forgot to mention i also manfully pushed it back round again :cool:

Double post but dear mother of god... An undercurrent did that??/!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I was cursed for the first day of school my entire life. Every year I'd do myself an injury of some kind, my parents must have thought I was just really REALLY determined to get off school. Cracked my head open twice, one broken arm, stood on a glass that shattered and dug an inch and a half of glass into my heel (my dad pulled it out and sent me to school, but he's a paramedic so it's not as sadistic as it sounds) and various other little bits and pieces.

Worst was when I was four though, a cyst inside the femur of my left leg shattered and took two inches of bone with it. Cue all sorts of interesting surgeries over the next couple of years (at one point my immune system rejected it's own scar-tissue which was pretty bizarre) and also loads of wheel-chair adventures, those things are great for scoring free sh1t as a kid I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Wow.... That happened to me cept it was my left hand. I could see into my finger!
    Here's the wierdest thing - many years later I was staying in a holiday home, and chasing my sister, as young kids are wont to do. The house had a front door like that of a stable - two halves attached by a latch. Anyway, she ran through the door, and then swung the bottom half at me. I caught it, but she then swung the top half, catching the nail on my left ring finger. I lost that nail too, just in a less horrendous, more prolonged fashion.

I was in an English grind in the Institute a few years ago, and the teacher asked if anyone had ever lost a fingernail, due to reading some passage about torture. I was the only person who had, and I had done so twice, and in two seperate incidents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

RonMexico wrote: »
    Paper cut on my knobend.

How did you ......... oh.
    Kazobel wrote: »
    No, I was only about 10 and as far as I know my parents never persued it, I never did ask why

Maybe they pushed the bookcase?

Broken collarbone playing football is probably the worst I've had, although at the time going headfirst of a bike and fracturing my wrist when I was eight felt worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

broke my big toe, ive broken my anckle, my nose, my lil finger and my tib and fib and they dont come close to my big toe break,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

top of my index finger of my right hand crushed buy cog wheels which i turned myself i was very young wanted to see what would happen if i put my finger into it........:rolleyes:

was in a home-made go-kart my dad made, the brother and his friend were pushing me and i made a left hand turn only for the go-kart to flip over right at the kerb which my forehead went straight into the kerb.
    cut me up pretty bad you could see my skull bone.

messing with the bro he was swinging me around and i whacked my eye off the end of a counter right at my eye looked like a sausage under my skin with the lump.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Fell out of a tree when I was about 8, got knocked unconscious and then when I came round there was blood pumping out of the back of my head, and my white t-shirt had turned red.

Jumped into a swimming pool backwards when I was about 12, but did it wrong and smacked my chin off the edge of the pool - easily the most painful thing I have ever done. Got a huge cut on my chin and broke 4 of my bottom teeth in the process, again blood everywhere. Then I fainted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got some bad luck magnet when it comes to injuring myself, so much stuff I can't remember half.. The ones that stick out are:

1, Hopping up out of a boat, stabbed myself in the head with an anchor hanging over the deck of a boat. Had to drive back for about 20 mins blocking a gushing hole in my head, in the heat of summer and loads of flies around! It got glued back together, still hurts, like 3 years later!

2, Getting smacked from a cyclist behind me, see the ground coming flying towards me, face planted into the tarmac at full speed, drag my face and knuckles (didn't get to put my hands out, they were caught on the bike) then proceeded to bounce/roll down the cycle path. A passing car pulled a U-turn and gave me a lift to UCD hospital, who wouldn't give me a bandage because I wasn't a student.

I had to wash stones outta all my cuts before they scabbed, otherwise it'd be wire brush to scabby face! Had puss oozing from my face for weeks.. My face is still covered in scars, thanks to the guy that tried to overtake me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was playing basketball in PE in school a few years ago and the ball landed really awkwardly on my right hand thumb sending it at a right angle to the way it should. Queue quite a lot of pain and time in A&E. Apparently I'm lucky to still have my thumb, not that I care, I've broken it twice since :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

fell off a trolley and took a chunk out o my shin when i was like 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I once stuck my penis in the mouth of a lion.

Bastard bit it off.

It grew back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Terry wrote: »
    I don't think I broke mine. Just bruised it.
    I won't be wearing heels all the same.

Same (break) happened me in 2nd year in school. I was walking up the street with my bike (this sounds really strange!) between my legs, cause i had just got down off the saddle. One of my friends came up behind me and for whatever reason, thought itd be a good idea to run up behind me and push the saddle into my ass (excuse the pun) ...and crack, I broke my ass bone. Was made significantly worse by my sister (she didnt know what had happened) kicking me full drive in the ass 3 or 4 hours later. Oh when I think about it, I cringe. About 2 years of slowly sitting and trying to get out of a chair! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Never broken anything or burned anything or had any nails broken off or anything.. Threads like these make me enjoy being me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

Smashed my thumb in the car door when I was 5, screamed my
    head off to get the door open cuz couldn't reach the handle
    with the opposite hand and had to wait the forever while my mum
    decided I wasn't messing. So sore, thumb nail now has an
    extra bit of nail growing down the middle on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Somersualting over a stone wall with a horse. Horse landed on top of me smashed my ribs and kicked me 2 times in the head getting up rendering me unconcious. Meanwhile electric fence was earthed around me ankle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

A few years ago I caught a stanley blade between my thumb and fore finiger and split it wide open .I got 12 stitches twice!! the first set didnt take due to novice doc so I got the second set without anastethic. However a lad was wheeled in while I was there with a crowd of medics around him . He had landed on the ball during a match and both teams landed on him.Later in recovery I saw him bandaged from head to toe and as he peeked up from his bed he saw me and asked what happened to me I said I caught me hand on a stanley his reply " Jaysus I'd say that hurt" isn't morphine great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My knee popped out of place once while I was turning on the spot.

I just used the nearest wall to bang it back in to place.

Very stupid and very, very painfull!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

My most painful accident (not my worst), getting pregnant - oh the pain (9 months later) :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

togster wrote: »
    Somersualting over a stone wall with a horse. Horse landed on top of me smashed my ribs and kicked me 2 times in the head getting up rendering me unconcious. Meanwhile electric fence was earthed around me ankle.

wow what a scene!!!:p at least no chance of your heart stopping then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Pittabang

In my second year of college when I was studying for my exams. I was on the couch reading and I flicked the page over. I got a paper cut on my eyeball. That was a sore and I couldn't open that eye for ages and my eye watered almost constantly, Its grand now but I failed the exam :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

RAFC wrote: »
    My most painful accident (not my worst), getting pregnant - oh the pain (9 months later) :D:D:D

The circle of life, goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

nothing too painful myself...i did sprain my groin, that was sore alright.
    but my uncle, fell off some scaffolding and fell "onto" a shovel that was stuck in the ground below..the handle went right up his anus...now that was probably painful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Get a spiral fracture in my index finger with turned the whole finger 45 degrees the wrong way. 3 screws and 15 stiches to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Many many accidents, the most painful was getting hit by a car. :eek:
    Thankfully the car was a Nissan Micra and came off worse than me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thankfully I am relatively accident free but I've caused a few....

1) Gave my 4 yeard old brother CPR when I was 10, he nearly died... I had been watching 999 on BBc and he was asleep but i thought he'd stopped breathing!

2) A few years later trying to impress some relatives I flippd him over simulating a wresting move, he lande don his head and was out for several minutes

3) During a warm up for sports day in primary school, I raced of of the other fast guys, we both put our hands out to stop ourselves when we got to the windows (big windows like 8 * 6 foot) the window he used to stop himself shattered, He severed ligaments tendons blood vessels, His arms look like someone took a chainsaw to them, Thankfully eh recovered.

4)Another guy in school when we were 5 or so, decided it would be good to put his hand on the iron, his skin melted to the iron, now that skin is harder than kevlar, no joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I got shot in the face with a nail gun. Into the fleshy bit of your jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Sean_K wrote: »
    Mine is pretty gruesome.

I was in school one day waiting outside a classroom beside a big set of spring loaded double doors, and we were messign around, as you do, but anyway, withough thinking i rested my hand down on the door frame, just beside the hinges.

The door closed with my fingers caught in it, and two of my fingernails were ripped right out of the root, and were left hanging on at the very tip of my finger.

That was about 4 years ago, and the nails still aren't recovered. They're not as smooth as they should be and not as strong either.

Nearly exactly the same thing happened to me. My fingers looked really mangled. Went to get an X-ray - not even fractured - just bruised. Must be all the milk I drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Wez wrote: »
    1, Hopping up out of a boat, stabbed myself in the head with an anchor hanging over the deck of a boat. Had to drive back for about 20 mins blocking a gushing hole in my head, in the heat of summer and loads of flies around! It got glued back together, still hurts, like 3 years later!
    AAAAHHHHHH!
    AAAAAHHHHHHH!

AAAAAAAAHHHH!

jesus! i spend ****ing tonnes of time on the body modification forum, and i've had several piercings i'd never entirely planned on, and tattoos in places that were a ****lot tenderer than anticipated... but reading that... i just keep cringing in sympathetic pain... argh!... omg...i can barely bleive that one...

• Advertisement
Advertisement