Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10K runs in February?

• 16-01-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

anyone know of any 8 or 10K runs in the month of February? I saw a listing for one in Phoenix park on the Galway Harriers website yesterday but the listing has been removed.

Any 8 or 10Ks anywhere near Galway, Limerick or Dublin in mid Feb or after would be great to know about.

Cheers,

Graham.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Check out the back of the Irish Runner magazine for listings - don't have it to hand, sorry.

Not sure if cross-country is to your liking, but the National Intermediate Cross-Country Championships over 10k will be held on Febriary 10th in Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭harrier

Can't see any 10k road races on the calendar but keep an eye on http://www.runireland.com/ where most of the races in the country are listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭brutes

10k BUPA Run in April, Phoenix Park, also one in Adare in APril, or you could run 10k cross country this Sunday in Dartfield, Loughrea - checkout www.athenryac.com - its the Connaught Cross Country - for a brutal introduction to 10k running its the only way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Popsicle

There's a 10 mile in Dungarvan on Feb 2nd, if fancy doing a bit extra!
    Its a fast course and there's good participation in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 graham.brennan

Thanks folks, never done a cross country race actually, but really I'm just looking for something to keep me on target with my general CV training, so a standard 10K would be ideal. Does onyone know about the Adare one? Am I right in thinking it's at the start of March?

Unfortunately Wexford and Dungarven are a little too far but thanks for the heads up. And cheers also for the weblinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement