Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicator blinking too fast or not at all...

Options
  • 16-01-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

So as the title says Im having trouble with indicators on my polo. The left indicator is blinking alot faster than it should, but I noticed that sometimes the front left dont work at all but side and rear are ok. I think there may be a short or dodgy fuse? can anyone help please :)

p.s. when the indicator doesn't come on I tapped it with my hand and it comes on :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

bulb lose or is blown get it replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bulb gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

as stated check your bulbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

wow that was quick! :D so should i replace just that bulb or all, are they on a circuit? thanks guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Just the indicator should do. make sure the one fitted is correctly tightened before doing anything as it may just be loose. No harm to check the other bulbs while you're at it. Use a long window and your rearview mirror for the brakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

On most cars, the indicator flashes much more quickly when there is a break in the circuit, i.e. a bulb that's blown, or the wiring to the bulb socket has become detached.

Replace the offending bulb and the indicator blink will return to normal if the old bulb had just blown. From your PS note, I imagine its a loose connection of wiring to the bulb assembly or just that the bulb is not correctly fitted, or has become loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They tend to be in series depending on the car, the front or rear bulbs could be the fault also.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

I'd say you have a bulb on the way out, or a loose connection which makes the car think the bulb is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Bulb or loose connection

If your really unlucky its a relay.

Advertisement