Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to sell my car?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Whats the best way to sell my car - just throw it up on carzone.ie or cbg.ie? Any other tips?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Try and take pictures in the daylight, preferably with the sun shining on the car. Make sure its washed and spotless on the outside, make sure you take pictures of the interior and that will all have to be spotless aswell. Try and get it NCT'ed and Taxed aswell.

Basically, nobody is going to even think about buying a car that looks like shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Woofer

Yeah someone at work recommended getting it professionally valetted (sp?). Is this a good idea? Any suggestions on a good place to get this done in Dublin and how much I should expect to pay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Definitely get it valeted before any prospective buyer comes to check it out. Gives a good impression of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just do it yourself, you'll do a better job,

pictures make a massive difference selling a car, it amazes me people putting up crap pictures of dirty cars :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

adverts.ie would be a starting place for your car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Auto Consulting

You should be paying approx €40 for a mini valet which will include pretty much everything a full valet includes except a wax/polish. Alternatively do it yourself if you have the time. €30 for an ad on Carzone until your car is sold. There's not much point advertising it anywhere else.

Depending on what your car is and how old it is will determine the approximate time you'll have to wait before getting it sold.

Advertisement