Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a Hypnotherapist?

• 16-01-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a hyonotherapist in the Dublin area, their cost for an appointment seem to range for 150euro right up to 800euro with the average been 300euro. Is the 800euro hyonotherapist that much better???? I'm looking to give up smoking.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Pantoes wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a hyonotherapist in the Dublin area, their cost for an appointment seem to range for 150euro right up to 800euro with the average been 300euro. Is the 800euro hyonotherapist that much better???? I'm looking to give up smoking.

Thanks...

Nope but tbh i think 800 euro is pretty expensive, AFAIK hypnosis is only a form of communication and is really used to communicate the right information to you to get your head in the right place around smoking. Its only as good as the message communicated tbh.

I took this advice and tbh it made a huge difference, great book for getting your mind sorted around giving up smoking IMHO. Almost at the 3 week mark now and feeling pretty good about being a non smoker!!!
    govinda wrote: »
    There is also a free e-book by Mark Jordan, Stop Smoking - Break the Chains, which you can Google for and download......thats the book I read back in August; I was absolutely gasping for a cigarette while reading it, petrified to quit but I took a chance, followed his instructions and I feel so much better for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

ali.c wrote: »
    AFAIK hypnosis is only a form of communication and is really used to communicate the right information to you to get your head in the right place around smoking. Its only as good as the message communicated tbh.

Thats really true. I stopped with hypnosis a number of years ago, and its worked well for me. However, I dont feel too strongly about hypnotism either way, because I really did not like the therapist I met. He came across as quite obnoxious, but nonetheless, I ignored that and listened to what he was saying. I'm glad I did because it has worked 100% perfect for me, and I have not smoked since.

I found that the therapy itself is really nothing more than showing you HOW to listen to the CD you get. I concentrated, and continued to listen to the CD almost constantly at first (as you are meant to) and I think the message it was portraying was really going deep into my mind. I listened to it while going asleep, which apparently is fine to do, and as a bonus, it did help me relax.

I've PM'd you the details of the company I used. €800 sounds like a rip off. I paid €200 three years ago, and would expect to pay maybe €400 now, tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

http://www.accomplishchange.com/

Haven't used Aisling myself but I know people who have and they recommended her. No idea what her current rate is. (Yes I do know her personally - so ignore the recommendation if you like)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

I recommend me:D.
    I,m down in Gorey and charge €100.
    pm for an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Try the Alan Carr days - about 360. A fried went in September & hasn;t smoked since. Was a 20 a day for almost 10 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement