Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futarchy

Options
  • 16-01-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

What is your opinion on the government system of Futarchy?

I think the lack of a good measure of welfare is a problem. GDP is a good first approximation but other factors (lifespan for example) need to be considered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

cavedave wrote: »
    What is your opinion on the government system of Futarchy?

I think the lack of a good measure of welfare is a problem. GDP is a good first approximation but other factors (lifespan for example) need to be considered
    Its a silly idea, because people would end up voting for whatever they bet on to try and protect their investment, and if there are only a few 'speculators' then they would have enormous power and would not necessarily make better decisions than current politicians or 'experts'

The stock market and other forms of gambling tend to over react to everything, rising too fast to good news, and falling too far to bad news.

In fact, I don't see a single thing in that 'proposal' that I don't absolutely hate.

Advertisement