Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would you buy a uk CAT D car?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, cat d cars are (correctly) a good bit cheaper than the equivalent non listed car, quite a few turn up on piston heads. Would you buy one?

personally if there were before and after pics and assesment i think i might,im not sure tho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

now that you mention it at least Cat D means the car is certified to be damaged to a certain level, rather than you not having a clue exactly how much damage had been done to a car you suspect was resprayed here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats what i was thinking better to know about it and properly inspect the repair rather than find out later

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

CAT D can mean as little as quarterpanel damage....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I would buy a CAT D and repair it myself rather than buying a CAT D that has been repaired by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Cat c is minor damage and don't need any checks - at lot of them are stolen recovered with no damage - the car may have been recovered after the insurance payed out - the insurance company sell them on to recoup some money - some Cat d cars have little damage too - they just need a vic check and mot to get the V5 or log book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement