Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop, fonts missing

Options
  • 16-01-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently set up a computer for somebody and they have a photoshop file that when I open, I'm told the fonts are missing, after checking what font was missing from the font drop down menu, I downloaded the font group and installed to the windows font folder properly, but when I open Photoshop, only one type of the group is showing up, compared to about 8 types in the "character map" application. There's about 30 files in the font group though and even though it's definitely the same font, it must be named differently to the original font that was being used with photoshop, I've tried to name it to the font that is said to be missing, but it still doesn't work and I still get the "missing font" pop up box when I open the file?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok, I've just noticed that the main font name, when selected gives about 30 style options on the drop down box beside it. So it must be a different set up to the font used before, which I was told was just in the main font menu.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just change the font with the type tool to the one that Photoshop has. I have similar issues when bringing .eps files created in Matlab into Illustrator because Matlab defaults to helvetica.

Advertisement