Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Route 66 Camper Experience

• 16-01-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone.

I was hopeing that somebody out there could help me with this.
    Basically myself and a few friends are taking a bit of a break for about 5 months to drive around the U.S.
    After a bit of research, re accomidation, and car rental ect we realised that the best thing to do would be buy an old camper (motorhome) for a couple of grand and either try sell it or just scrap it when were done.

Now I think our combined knowledge of the whole campervan thing is that I hooked up with a girl staying in one at Electric Picnic last year..
    So completly clueless...

can anybody help me with a few things.
    Is there a website that can fill me in on the required lingo (if any) that I'm gonna need to argue with a Chichago RV salesman over price?
    Any pitfalls or just things to look out for when buying?
    Is there any particular makes that have a good reputation?

Even better than that has anyone done anything close to this that can offer any advice?

Cheers,

Waz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Have a look at the film RV (Robin Williams) and then decide if ya want to do it:D

Basically, I would say go for it provided that you have adroup on board with a good sense of humour.....definately a trip you will remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yea I think we have the perfect group for something like this.
    And Its going to be one hell of a start to my round the world trip.

We still need some info tho and trawling through the net is like looking for a rusty needle in a haystack.

Anybody have any help or suggestions for me? :)

Advertisement