Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

locked out of politics

Options
  • 16-01-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im locked out of politics. i didnt say anything insulting or anything to anyone and had no problems getting in before. can anyone help??
    thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you PM the mods of that forum?
    They are the only ones who can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

yeah here's the Pm. I dont think it merits a ban...

Soccer You have received an infraction at boards.ie

Dear stevoman,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Being a Spanner
    1 month.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54882562

Quote:
    bertie ahern is a knucklehead, and so is his son in law.

All the best,
    boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hardly contributing to the thread with that comment were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

i didnt say anything insulting or anything to anyone

vs
    bertie ahern is a knucklehead, and so is his son in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

stevoman, just take it on the chin, learn from it and think before posting in the future.
    A lot of users have been banned at one time or another.

• Advertisement

i guess, i just didnt mean anything by it. would a PM with a warning not be sufficient though. I mean its not as if i insulted any other members of boards is it now? i was just saying what i thought. is that not what boards.ie is about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stevoman wrote: »
    i was just saying what i thought. is that not what boards.ie is about??
    Nope.

is there any point to this feedback forum or am i just going to get knocked back by mods here on every post i make? c'mon like it wasnt anything that bad, it really wasnt. i just said what i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

is there any point to this feedback forum or am i just going to get knocked back by mods here on every post i make?
    Depends, you originally said you didn't say anything insulting.

That wasn't true now was it? You did indeed refer to Bertie Ahern, and his son-in-law, whoever he may be, as knuckleheads, did you not?

When your untruth was uncovered, you backtracked and asked if Boards was a free reign to "say what you thought". It isn't.
    c'mon like it wasnt anything that bad, it really wasnt. i just said what i thought
    Did you read the charter of politics before you posted?

:rolleyes: forget about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Essentially there a threads on boards.ie started about the government and bertie.

They see, to always be full of - "yea berties a crook" "FF are gangsters " and more of the same.. if there cant be some comment made to in some way back up whats been said, its a waste of time for many of us even posting there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I mean its not as if i insulted any other members of boards is it now? i was just saying what i thought. is that not what boards.ie is about??

How do you know they arent on Boards.ie?
    i just said what i thought

Blogs are great for saying what you think.

yes. you are all 100% dead right:)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

snyper wrote: »
    Essentially there a threads on boards.ie started about the government and bertie.

They see, to always be full of - "yea berties a crook" "FF are gangsters " and more of the same.. if there cant be some comment made to in some way back up whats been said, its a waste of time for many of us even posting there
    You mean like this post? Which, I note, you haven't responded to.

what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I posted 2-3 posts before you with a warning about conduct on the thread.

You then posted that crap.

Was it harsh? Yes?

Harsh, but fair.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

what is it?
    With respect, I wasn't talking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

you talked about westlife in a politics thread. banning of the year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

^ ah, yes.. the son in law comment.

Personally ive alot of respect for the guy, he could have any bird he wanted...but..he got married to..

...well, lets just say she aint my cuo of tea.. or coffee.. or erm.. well i bet shes a nice personality tho.. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive no issue with the banning as i know there are strict rules in place. However is it necessary to send an infraction PM with reason: "Being a Spanner"?

Thats even more abusive than what the chap posted.

Off topic but what is a knucklehead? I always though it was a tough guy with no brains who gets into fights. A kind of "Mongo likes chocolate" character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I don't like the being a spanner infraction, but there is no other suitable one, thats what I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

In my opinion, one must always be respectful when posting on the various forums.

Advertisement