Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Cruise Scientology video leaked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Scientology is comically stupid. What a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Even now the Scientology black helicopters are circling pH's house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Even now the Scientology black helicopters are circling pH's house.

If you hear I've been committed to an asylum, can I rely on a crack squad of rescue-atheists from this forum?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout

Oh and I've seen many many good videos on the net, none as funny as that one.

Highly recommended - Cruise in one of his most convincing performances to date ****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if only this sort of technology had been around at the dawn of christianity, judaism and islam.

well I suppose just judaism would cover the other two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

pH wrote: »
    If you hear I've been committed to an asylum, can I rely on a crack squad of rescue-atheists from this forum?
    I think we could assemble some kind of motley crew.
    Even if just to see Tim Robbins and John Wine in the same room together. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

While it sounds nuts because it is so obvious that Scientology is nonsense, is what he saying any nutter than anything else you hear from "believers" (I would say theists, but Scientology doesn't have gods afaik)

He believes that being part of this religion means something special, which is probably what attracts a lot of people to it in the first place, the desire to belong to something that is considered special. He isn't saying anything that all the other religions don't say (unite people, help people, rehabilitate criminals, solve problems in 3rd world etc etc). Replace "Christian" or "Muslim" from his transcript and it still sounds "normal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭10-10-20

One word.... SPECIAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I really hope that Scientology gives him the strength to sign himself into a mental institute.

"Look I wish the world was a different place. I like to go on vacation, and go romp and play and just... do that, y'know what I mean? I mean -- that's what I want it to be, okay? That's how I--y'know, there's times when I'd like to do that, but....... But I can't, because.......... I know............. I know........"

o.O

What?

DaveMcG wrote: »
    What?

I love the jargon - we hear about SP, KSW and orgs - I'd guess all of us in A&A would be SPs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

i feel sorry for missus cruise........she's probably hiding in the closet ashamed of her movie star hubby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

She's a nutjob too AFAIK... a Scientologist like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

I find I have a strong compulsive desire to send Tom a photocopy of my hairy white ass.

(I should clarify - this is after watching the video.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

pH wrote: »
    the CoS is notoriously good at suppressing this stuff.
    According to their laws they are acting as a Suppressing Person (SP) therefore we are allowed to kick their asses.
    [an SP] May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

Does anyone know what level of OT Tom Cruise is meant to be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭lookinforpicnic

Wicknight wrote: »
    Replace "Christian" or "Muslim" from his transcript and it still sounds "normal"
    Yeah, totally agree, any religious person sounds as nutty as Tom Cruise to me. One way, of course, of preserving nonsense is by calling itself a religion as it nicely inherits all the nasty little tricks that religions have evolved over thousands of years to fool and stupidify people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yeah, totally agree, any religious person sounds as nutty as Tom Cruise to me. One way, of course, of preserving nonsense is by calling itself a religion as it nicely inherits all the nasty little tricks that religions have evolved over thousands of years to fool and stupidify people.
    Will that be on the test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Think one of the guys who replied to the video put it best.......

In all this crazy Tom Cruise hating business of the last couple of years, I have prevented myself from thinking he's totally bat****. This video - He's f***ing bat****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Feelgood wrote: »
    Think one of the guys who replied to the video put it best.......

In all this crazy Tom Cruise hating business of the last couple of years, I have prevented myself from thinking he's totally bat****. This video - He's f***ing bat****.

Definitely gone to cuckoo land at this stage. He made no sense at all in that video. And that crazed look in his eyes!

The arrogance* of the man is incredible. We have the tools, we're helping people, they need us etc. I'd love to know just exactly what is he doing to help people? Roping weak and gullible minds into a wacky cult is a great help to the world Tom. Thanks for that.

*and not forgetting how he was a great painter, poet, war hero, pioneering surgeon etc etc in his previous existences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I love how he contradicts himself completely.

'Only we(Scientologists) have the power to make change'

'I wish I could so something, but I can't'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

DaveMcG wrote: »
    She's a nutjob too AFAIK... a Scientologist like.

She wasn't until she met Cruise though. Her family were none too impressed by her induction into scientology.

Gordon wrote:
    Does anyone know what level of OT Tom Cruise is meant to be on?

I heard he's a level 9, which is very high up. He's allegedly one of their head honchos at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Does anyone know if Scientology is regarded as a religion by the Irish State?
    Big up to Germany for telling them to sling their hook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

"I'd love to go on vacation and play about and frolic in the sun, but I just can't do it!"

Shame that all of his beach-side property and vacation homes are gonna go to waste really.

He thinks he's the second coming or something

Plain and simple, he's just a fcking nutcase!

get 'em while they're hot - full videos (they can't last long):
    http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19413610.html
    (Video II is very interesting about Scientology single-handedly detoxifying the rescue teams after 911.

Also take down notices to gawker.com

http://gawker.com/5002319/church-of-scientology-claims-copyright-infringement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

DaveMcG I really hope that Scientology gives him the strength to sign himself into a mental institute.
    Scientology regards psychiatry as a fraud designed to rob people of their freedom. This could be because the founder L Ron Hubbard was locked up as crazy a lot. Or is it could be because psychiatry really is pseudoscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭lookinforpicnic

Dades wrote: »
    Will that be on the test?
    What...?

The most interesting thing I find about religion (one of the main reasons why I read arguments by theists in this forum) is how such utter crap can believed by otherwise rational people. The little tricks that evolved that protect such a collection of nonsense ideas from rational criticism (i.e. the concept of faith being a obvious one, but there are many) interests me. I was just saying that scientology inherited those tricks, and stupidifies people in the exact same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I heard he's a level 9, which is very high up. He's allegedly one of their head honchos at this stage.

...he's on level 9? I still get past the impromtu aliens from the end of level 6...he must be good!

stevejazzx wrote: »
    ...he's on level 9? I still get past the impromtu aliens from the end of level 6...he must be good!

On the tape he says he's OT VII

"On New OT VII one solo audits at home daily. This is a lengthy level, requiring a considerable amount of time to complete. It is the final pre-OT level, and culminates in attainment of the state of CAUSE OVER LIFE."

The Clear audits all previously identified thetans until they "blow," or detach from the Clear. As noted in the official description, the OT VII level can take many years to complete.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_Thetan#OT_VII:_Hubbard_Solo_New_Era_Dianetics_for_OTs_Auditing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

if you guys have time have a look at the "head" of Scientology getting interviewed on nightline in the states...9 parts in total. This is the first and only interview that he did.

Personally this whole thing freaks me out, between the whole Panorama thing, people getting followed, video taped etc... its a bit scary in fairness.

To answer previously asked question,
    "Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg and the United Kingdom have not recognized Scientology as a religion"

First Part.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWUasKX3FZE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

you know who he reminds me of: the guy who Tom Cruise plays in Magnolia. funny. Same bull**** 'i have my purpose' and over the top nutjobbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

i was watching sky news and they were reporting on the tom cruise thing. The anchor said "the scientologists are bringing up legal action against all who post this footage publicaly on their networks, but by sky news making this a special news report we have brought immunity to these networks so they can show away"

He said something along those lines. With a very funny expression on his face. Brilliant=)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

I didn't really understand/hear a thing that he said, one big-whaaaaat? Once again a convoluted load of ......

He doesn't look bad though, sitting still anyway. I've always thought the way he walks really odd/unattractive.

Advertisement