Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me get rid of this character `

• 16-01-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

this character ` pops up randomly at when i start typing on some applications,
    i cant pin down when exactly it happens but when it happens it gets inserted as the first character in a text field.
    or if i type "a" it comes up as "á" (or something like that)

all my language settings seem to be ireland-english.

any ideas?

ive been putting up with it for a few weeks and i think its starting to give me an ulcer :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Computer Health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Sounds like your keyboard setup, been looking in the control Panel but I cant see anything beside the Regional settings....mmmm

If you go to Control Panel/Keyboard/"Click here and hold down......" do you still get the: ' ? (This is on a XP PC BTW).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

it seems to have gone away for the moment,
    will post again if it comes back.
    thx for the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Donegal57

by any chance do you hit the ` key by mistake (its the key located just to the left of the 1 key), if you hit this key (even in note pad or any text box), the character will not display on screen right away, but the next time you type any character the ` will appear along with the character you typed(some text boxes will convert that into à ), eg hit the key ` (noting will be typed on screen) then type an a, what will appear will be à but try ` and a d an you will get `d , Give it a go in notepad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement