Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick question to you home owners.

Options
  • 16-01-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

470sqft/44sqm. Is that small for an apartment in Dublin city centre. Any feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Thats a smallish living room. I'd ask where the rest of it is tbh. Has it got windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

That's tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

It's not that bad for a 1 bed, depending on how well it's laid out.

*Not that bad means compared to other Irish shoeboxes

janmc wrote: »
    It's not that bad for a 1 bed, depending on how well it's laid out.

*Not that bad means compared to other Irish shoeboxes
    I wouldn't keep my dog in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Kamaldihnio

Dont know much about these things. I am meant to be moving into a 2 bed apartment in May and thas the size of the 1 bed room apartment in the complex. I cant find the size of the 2 bedroom apt. Maybe the 2 bedroom apartment is a little bigger. But if thats small for a 1 bed then the 2 bed is prob small aswell. I honestly dont know. Just seen some apartments were over 900sqft so I thought Id ask the question. Thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

44 square metres was standard for a one-bed ages ago but most would be 50-60 now and two-beds are 70-90. Don't forget with the new apartment size regulations that those will be bigger again in the future.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Thats a smallish living room. I'd ask where the rest of it is tbh. Has it got windows?

I definitely think it's small for a whole apartment, but it is say 8m x5.5m or 26ft x 18ft which is a pretty big living room.

jdivision wrote: »
    44 square metres was standard for a one-bed ages ago
    Yeah, maybe in Hong Kong or Manila. I didn't think things had gotten so dire that people were actually contemplating paying money for such an abode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Yeah, maybe in Hong Kong or Manila. I didn't think things had gotten so dire that people were actually contemplating paying money for such an abode.

jdivision is right. Up until quite recently 40-45 sq metres would be considered normal for a 1 bed in Dublin city centre. Thankfully apartments are getting bigger.

BC wrote: »
    jdivision is right. Up until quite recently 40-45 sq metres would be considered normal for a 1 bed in Dublin city centre. Thankfully apartments are getting bigger.
    Absoloutely unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

If you like take a look at the PRTB register of tenancies and that lists the sq metres of all properties listed. It should give you an idea of what's out there.

Advertisement