Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Ford Fiesta - any good?

• 16-01-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭

My parents are thinking of buying a 2006 Ford Fiesta. 19,000 kilometres on the clock. Alloys, metallic paint. They are paying €10,000. I'm not sure what size the engine is. Is that a good deal? Is it a good car? The original owner died and her daughter is selling it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mags16 wrote: »
    My parents are thinking of buying a 2006 Ford Fiesta. 19,000 kilometres on the clock. Alloys, metallic paint. They are paying €10,000. I'm not sure what size the engine is. Is that a good deal? Is it a good car? The original owner died and her daughter is selling it.

Sounds like a fantastic deal (on the verge of suspicious almost??) but I'd bank for a few hundred for a full service it they're sure it's cosher.

That is of course assuming it's suitable for their needs- I find most most fiesta owners buy them for a perceived economy instead of suitability to their needs. I was talking to a woman yesterday who does 30000km a year in her Aygo:eek:

Why oh why are our citys full of jeeps and our countrysides full of city cars??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

cantdecide wrote: »
    Why oh why are our citys full of jeeps and our countrysides full of city cars??

Because if you can afford to live in the city...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The Mrs has a 06 1.25 Fiesta Steel and its a great little car. Perfect for city driving and susprisingly good handling.

At 10k its a good buy. If its got service history and the O.K from a mechanic I'd go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Great car. The 1.25 engine is surprisingly quick and its easily the best handling small car out there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1.25 16v is the pick of the bunch. It almost has character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Thanks for the replies. It has the 1.25l engine, sunroof and alloys. I think the parents got really lucky. It is a genuine car. The owner died, the elderly husband doesn't drive and the daughter, who lives abroad needed to sell it quickly. The local Ford garage said it was worth €12,500 but wouldn't sell it for them cos they already had a few in stock.

Now my mum is worried that she got it too cheap and cheated the poor bereaved family!! Some people are never happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mags16 wrote: »
    Now my mum is worried that she got it too cheap and cheated the poor bereaved family!! Some people are never happy!!

It's simply karma- now it must be passed on. Don't let them be mean when selling on their old car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

cantdecide wrote: »
    It's simply karma- now it must be passed on. Don't let them be mean when selling on their old car...

Absolutely!

Advertisement