Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone give Tom Cruise a slap

• 16-01-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

"Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident, it's not like anyone else. As you drive past, you know you have to do something...because you know you're the only one that can really help."

And while you're at it give Kirstie Alley, Isaac Hayes, Katie Holmes, Jason Lee, John Travolta, Ethan Suplee and all the rest of them a clip around the ear as well. Believing in a Religion is one thing, but reckoning that only your "religion" (used very loosely here) can help people in a car crash? Get a grip. I'm sure people will compare its idiocy to being a Christian or Muslim but it is so much more insane.

They're all over the States now, I was in a shopping centre in Buffalo where they have a stall set up to "recruit" people and met them on the street as well. Anyone know anybody sucked in by this cult?

PS - The music in the video will wreck your head as much as his inane ramblings, be warned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This is the 3rd thread on theis dick head in 24 hours.

I want to kill myself.

Overexposure to tom cruise and his cult makes me ill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Kirstie Alley

Really? Wouldn't have thought her to be that thick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

snyper wrote: »
    Overexposure to tom cruise and his cult makes me ill

Just be thankful you don't live in Buffalo then. I saw them in the main train station Perth, Australia a lot of the time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

They should go to Africa and push their ethics and morels on other people. Also they should ban the use of condoms because that makes a lot more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like Tom Cruise, he seems like a nice guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

What a goon, anyone who believes in that bull**** needs their heads examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think the weirdest thing is that Tom Cruise's full name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV. Now THAT is bizarre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

While he is probably talking a lot of sh!te, the video is so edited and chopped around that the producers are probably making it sound far worse than it actually is for exactly this kind of reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The rantings of a star gone crazy. And what's even crazier is that people actually believe this tripe.

He totally contradicts himself when he says the scientolgy when he says that "[a scientologist] can create a better reality."But he then goes on to says that he wishes he could create a better world but "he can't!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm with the Germans on this one, they know a bunch of cults when they see 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

"get those spectators in or else out of the arena" - is this a subtle way of explaining how Scientology harass those and invade the privacy of private individuals who expose or discuss Scientology practice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I think the Scientologists are as looney and dangerous as the next man. But why aren't people outraged about all the other faiths? I think the fundies in all the major organised religions tick the same boxes are the Scientologists (dangerous, arrogant, pushy, in it for the money/power or else plain stupid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

cornbb wrote: »
    I think the Scientologists are as looney and dangerous as the next man. But why aren't people outraged about all the other faiths? I think the fundies in all the major organised religions tick the same boxes are the Scientologists (dangerous, arrogant, pushy, in it for the money/power or else plain stupid).

Everyone probably is outraged about the others, but it might be easier to squash the more recent loonies, than the ones who've been around for centuries.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Everyone probably is outraged about the others, but it might be easier to squash the more recent loonies, than the ones who've been around for centuries.

Yes, I suppose so. A bit hypocritical though. A guy from an Irish anti-Scientology group was on the radio just now, he alluded to the fact that they are a danger to the impartiality of the constitutions of democracies. Wonder if he's seen any of the Irish constitution...
    \In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, from Whom
    is all authority and to Whom, as our final end, all
    actions both of men and States must be referred,
    We, the people of Éire,
    Humbly acknowledging all our obligations to our
    Divine Lord, Jesus Christ, Who sustained our
    fathers through centuries of trial,
    Gratefully remembering their heroic and
    unremitting struggle to regain the rightful
    independence of our Nation,
    And seeking to promote the common good, with
    due observance of Prudence, Justice and Charity,
    so that the dignity and freedom of the individual
    may be assured, true social order attained, the
    unity of our country restored, and concord
    established with other nations,
    Do hereby adopt, enact, and give to ourselves this
    Constitution.
    "In the presence of Almighty God, I do
    solemnly and sincerely promise and declare
    that I will maintain the Constitution of
    Ireland and uphold its laws, that I will fulfil
    my duties faithfully and conscientiously in
    accordance with the Constitution and the
    law, and that I will dedicate my abilities to
    the service and welfare of the people of
    Ireland. May God direct and sustain me."
    The State acknowledges that the homage of public worship is
    due to Almighty God. It shall hold His Name in reverence, and
    shall respect and honour religion.

etc etc

I wonder which God they are talking about? ;)

But why aren't people outraged about all the other faiths?

Some people are. I am.

Some people are. I am.

Hurray! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Turn him off. That just makes me sick. So full of it.

John Travolta and Katie Holmes? Nooooooooooooooooooooo................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Some others you wouldn't think are scientologists

http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_top-10-secret-celebrity-scientologists.html

Jason Lee & Juliette Lewis WTF

Ho-Hum wrote: »
    Some others you wouldn't think are scientologists

http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_top-10-secret-celebrity-scientologists.html

Jason Lee & Juliette Lewis WTF
    They're probably the two most high-profile outside of Cruise/Holmes and Travolta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What an annoying man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    What an annoying man.

Yep. Wish somebody would hold him down, open a bag of oranges and shove each one individually up his bum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

"Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident, it's not like anyone else. As you drive past, you know you have to do something...because you know you're the only one that can really help."

Tom weirds me out, especially when he laughs manically but, to be fair, it would help if they didn't edit as soon as he said the accident thing, they didn't even show him possibly explaining, it just cuts to a different question.

I find it hilarious how they are ridiculed by people who are religious.

Christianity is also ridiculous and just because their cult/religion is older, and this one is newer, it's grand to take the pish out of it?
    lol.

Pot kettle black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hahaha, look now:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Most over-rated annoying actor ever. Scientologists knocked on my door once and I swiftly told them where to go, they spoke to me like I was mentally ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a pyramid scheme.
    Simple-as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gawker.com are hosting the video and won't be taking it down. Take that scientolomogists.

BTW, when ever he uses an acronym, look it up, scary stuff right there. Although this biography about him sounds hilarious.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientology-tried-to-suppress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Everytime we go to a Criuse movie or rent/buy one of his DVD's, were contributing to this sh1t, I won't be contributing anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Ill never forget the news report when it said "Tom Cruise will not be eating the afterbirth and Umbilical cord like he had previously threatened to do" I just love it, hes obviously mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Anyone else get the feeling this video is completely rehearsed, scripted, edited and staged? They've made a huge effort to make it look spontaneous and natural, as if Crusie just dropped in for a chat about Scientology when passing. But everything about it is carefully planned, including the words Cruise is speaking. The objective is to first sell the benefits of the product to the listener (potential Scientology recruit) For example, "It's a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist....it's something you have to earn.", he forgot to say pay for as well. Then he states what's special about being a Scientologist, "A Scientologist does; he, or she has the ability to create new and better realities, and improved conditions." Not only that but, Cruise also says you'll be a special person, "....the only one who can really help...." That's a way of complimenting the listener as well. The give away that it's carefully planned is not just the script, but also the background, lighting and Cruise's cinematic style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Oracle wrote: »
    Anyone else get the feeling this video is completely rehearsed, scripted, edited and staged? They've made a huge effort to make it look spontaneous and natural, as if Crusie just dropped in for a chat about Scientology when passing. But everything about it is carefully planned, including the words Cruise is speaking. The objective is to first sell the benefits of the product to the listener (potential Scientology recruit) For example, "It's a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist....it's something you have to earn.", he forgot to say pay for as well. Then he states what's special about being a Scientologist, "A Scientologist does; he, or she has the ability to create new and better realities, and improved conditions." Not only that but, Cruise also says you'll be a special person, "....the only one who can really help...." That's a way of complimenting the listener as well. The give away that it's carefully planned is not just the script, but also the background, lighting and Cruise's cinematic style.

True and then all the denials and controversy, so as everyone looks at it in the hope that a few mindless morons like himself might sign up for the great cruise to the stars. So-so parody here:
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3f716ffebe

Advertisement