Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

male doctors

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I have seen some obstetricians whos manner leaves a lot to be desired. I have seen many midwives bully labouring women, to the extent that I've complained to their seniors about it. I've seen an obstetrician say "quiet, I'm working here" when a woman was trying to vocalise her pain. I've seen a midwife say "If you don't start pushing, I'm going to cut you".

This is also stuff I worry about. I have seen far more medical professionals who behave like this, than considerate ones.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Definitely some stuff for me to think about. I have plenty more time to think about it anyway, I just said no to my prospective fiance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I had all four of mine in Mount Carmel. They could not have been nicer from the consultant down to the women who brought your tea! Cost a bomb but worth it!

I guess I need to find myself a rich, sympathetic husband!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Wish he was rich! He's sympathetic though. VHI will pick up some of the cost of going private and you will get tax back on the rest. Saw you said no to the proposal. File all the replies for future info. Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement