Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Type R Insurance

Options
  • 16-01-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a quote with Quinn on an Integra Type R. Are there many other companies anybody can suggest who offer same?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Tanabe wrote: »
    Hi,

I've got a quote with Quinn on an Integra Type R. Are there many other companies anybody can suggest who offer same?

Thanks.

Obviously you're averse to Quinn but if you're of the age where you want one you may find that Quinn will give you the best quote without diqualifying you on jap import grounds or having a min. age etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

land9 wrote: »
    By all means get a quote online, but don't bother getting insurance thru them. My experience with them was so bad that I ended up cancelling my policy after 5 months and making an official complaint.

FBD won't quote on an Integra.

How about 123.ie and hiberniandirect.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

what happened JHMEG? been with them years, find them very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

cantdecide wrote: »
    Obviously you're averse to Quinn but if you're of the age where you want one you may find that Quinn will give you the best quote without diqualifying you on jap import grounds or having a min. age etc.

LOL. I'm of the age where I can insure one, let alone want one!:D

But yes like you say, Quinn are import friendly. Was just wondering are there any others out there likewise.
    land9 wrote: »

Taken from their website:

IN RESPECT OF THE CAR TO BE INSURED YOU ARE CONFIRMING

The car has not been imported

That's put an end to that one then!
    JHMEG wrote: »
    By all means get a quote online, but don't bother getting insurance thru them. My experience with them was so bad that I ended up cancelling my policy after 5 months and making an official complaint.

FBD won't quote on an Integra.

How about 123.ie and hiberniandirect.ie?

Had an Irish ITR insured with FBD a few years back, but like you said will not do an import.

123.ie not bad, but Quinn still bettering them.

Taken form hiberniandirect.ie website:

Your Car

is not a car vanette, kit car, sports car, convertible, GTI, VTEC or high performance vehicle

So all in all, I think it's either Quinn for 123.ie then. Thanks for the heads up on the latter JHMEG. What'ya driving now yourself thesedays?

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement

FBD won't insure me on my '00 Civic VTI ("sorry, but that's classed as a high performance vehicle), and they wouldn't insure me on my old Integra XSI ("sorry, but we don't insure imports").

TBH, I'd pass no heed on the VTEC thing.. every Honda these days except the Jazz is VTEC.

To cut a long story short insure.ie were looking for nearly €200 off me when I changed my car (from 2.0 Accord Coupe to 1.6 Civic VTI). I had to battle with them as to what the €200 was for, and after several emails to them they revealed €75 was commission for them:eek: I had other trouble with them too, when I signed up: I filled out the form on-line and 2 days later they hadn't received it in the office when I phoned ("it takes a while for them to come through".. wtf?!?). The took all my details on the phone and posted out the proposal form.. virtually everything was wrong: eg they had me down as having a full licence since age 11:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hu?

What's an import means to them, all cars in Ireland have been imported. And many have parts manufactured all over the world.
    If they mean outside EU, well ridiculous if the car complies to EU standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

mick.fr wrote: »
    Hu?

What's an import means to them, all cars in Ireland have been imported. And many have parts manufactured all over the world.
    If they mean outside EU, well ridiculous if the car complies to EU standards.

An import is a car that has initially been registered outside of ireland.

They may comply with EU stnadards but as with many jap imports - they are very high performance per litre(cc) and have virtually non existent standard security which would make them very attractive to "boy racer" types and a prime target for scumbag thieves ... factors which are not regulated by the EU but are of great importance to insurance companies.

But yeah I agree - the whole no import thing is stupid , but its just nsurance companies playing it safe.

C_Breeze wrote: »
    they are very high performance per litre(cc) and have virtually non existent standard security which would make them very attractive to "boy racer" types
    You may want to re-word that.

Advertisement