Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem!!!!!

• 16-01-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

right i have a problem

i have a laptop with a virtual dj on it and i want to hook it 2 a mixing desk then to an amo and on 2 speakers

i hooked it all up and the sound was distorted but i was told that the laptop isnt giving the mixer enough power or sumting,im hooking the laptop 2 the mix from the headphone output

how can i fix this problem all help would be great full

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What operating system are you using? If its Vista, try going to sound playback properties, right click and select show disabled devices. This should bring up an item called "Stereo Mixer". Just enable this as the default and try it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

DarkJager wrote: »
    What operating system are you using? If its Vista, try going to sound playback properties, right click and select show disabled devices. This should bring up an item called "Stereo Mixer". Just enable this as the default and try it then.

where is soun playback properties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

try control panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Every mixing desk has some kind of a pre amp in it. Did you try adjusting them?

Can you give more info on the amp??

the am is a 500w soundlab amp with a vmx 100 behringer mixer and 2 soundlab speakers at 300w each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Most likely on the VMX1000 you have it plugged into a phono socket and have phono selcted

should i have it in the "line" socket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yea line or CD socket

for the output there is "amp" and "tape" and for input there is line and phono

Advertisement