Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Scales Part Qualified Accountants

• 16-01-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking for all your trusted advice here. I have been training in practice for the last two years and a quarter in the munster region. In my annual review which took place recently my salary has risen to €16,000 :eek:.

I have 5 ACCA exams to complete and would hope to be qualified by the end of this year. What do you think i should be on at this stage? I think im being screwed to be honest as i dont get paid overtime, the money we get towards college barely covers 1 subject and exam fees and there are other small issues too. Any suggestions please? Cheers.

Jockey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Looking for all your trusted advice here. I have been training in practice for the last two years and a quarter in the munster region. In my annual review which took place recently my salary has risen to €16,000 :eek:.

I have 5 ACCA exams to complete and would hope to be qualified by the end of this year. What do you think i should be on at this stage? I think im being screwed to be honest as i dont get paid overtime, the money we get towards college barely covers 1 subject and exam fees and there are other small issues too. Any suggestions please? Cheers.

Jockey

I am definitely not an expert on this but 16k less than a year from qualification sounds shocking.

Im sure someone more informed than me will bhe able to shed some more light but that does not sound right at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

look up their websites

however with 5 exams and 2.5 years

i would expect you to earn 20-23K

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

you are crazy. I started without any accounts experience , just started my technician course and got paid 18k. thats madness to work for 16k :eek::eek: . I would say for your experience and qualification you can defenetely find job around 30-35k and study fees paid and some other benefits. Of course it much depends how you will present yourself at interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Yeah thats fairly rediclious alrite

Cant really comment on Munster but needless to say thats well below Dublin rates

But the part i find most disurbing is that they dont pay ur entire tutition - thats a disgrace

Im first year ACA and on 24.5, salary generally increases 20-25% year on year while ur in ur training contract (obviosuly depending on personal and company performance)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Triple A

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Jockey

People start in our practice on €18K-€20K and thats assuming no experience and no exams(all of ehich we pay for) to date.

Again, we are based in Dublin, but still there should not be that much of a disparity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement