Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 16-01-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Was just wondering about Airwire broadband whats the story there ??I'm with Eircom at the moment 1mb broadband and want to get a better speed say 3mb or 8mb price range €30.00 any ideas ?

Ps. Do not want to change my phone landline ;);)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Airwire are a wireless broadband provider, so completely independent of the phoneline. €30 a month for 512k and €45 for 1.5Mb with a €300 installation fee, why would you consider them over eircom?

You want 8Mb for €30 a month, I hope you don't live in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Hi folks, new laptop has arrived and now want to organise broadband. Any recommendations for a reliable/best value supplier? Have heard that BT are v competitive. How does wireless access operate? Haven't had internet access for more than 2 yrs at home. at that point had dial-up with Eircom but know things have progressed hugely since then. Feel like a total ignoramus and wd appreciate any advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

if u get upc broadband at the 3mg or 6mg level in around 2 months the speed will be doubled for no price increase

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Marlow
    I have deleted your post in this thread.
    If you wish to advertise on boards, contact the Admins and pay like everyone else.

I normally siteban spammers and pimps, but as you have a posted on boards regularly, I'm letting you away with it, this time.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

actually you can get ntl 6mb for E30 a month bundled with tv or E36 on its own since you'd be a new customer you'd get the new speeds now old customers wont get the speed increases till june tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

OP - you need to clarify location - you may have far less choice than you think........(availability)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I am not sure what the OP wants here. If he has Eircom DSL then DSL is available. He wants to keep the landline, so must pay €25. An additional €30 will get a higher speed DSL on that line from a number of providers, UTV, BT etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

chancer12 wrote: »
    Hi folks, new laptop has arrived and now want to organise broadband. Any recommendations for a reliable/best value supplier? Have heard that BT are v competitive. How does wireless access operate? Haven't had internet access for more than 2 yrs at home. at that point had dial-up with Eircom but know things have progressed hugely since then. Feel like a total ignoramus and wd appreciate any advice.

Have you heard of Google or the search function on boards) It is quite unreasonable to be expecting boards members to give a crash course on the state and price of broadband in Ireland (on an almost daily basis) when that information is easily available with a minimum of effort. If you feel like a total ignoramus that is your own fault now go and cure the condition!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dub45, no need for back seat modding,

chancer12, In future I recommend you read the Charter/FAQ and visit the sites listed in the FAQ as posting every little question is a waste of your time when the information is easily available if you read the FAQ,

Anyway this thread is way off topic at this stage as the question the op asked was about airwire, thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement