Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank accounts / FX when moving abroad

Options
  • 16-01-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey guys

I'm moving to Canada in March and I have saved up some sweet euros to bring over - was wondering if anyone had any advice about the best way to bring them over - i've been watching the exchange rate closely

I am actually from australia and when i moved over here i had my aussie dollars saved up and have been using my aussie credit cards still and paying them off from australia (not advisable due to all the fees and interest) - i was a bit lazy in that its a pain in the butt transfering euros to my bank account - so i don't really want to repeat the same mistake twice

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Hey guys

I'm moving to Canada in March and I have saved up some sweet euros to bring over - was wondering if anyone had any advice about the best way to bring them over - i've been watching the exchange rate closely

I am actually from australia and when i moved over here i had my aussie dollars saved up and have been using my aussie credit cards still and paying them off from australia (not advisable due to all the fees and interest) - i was a bit lazy in that its a pain in the butt transfering euros to my bank account - so i don't really want to repeat the same mistake twice

any suggestions?

Check the exchange rate you get on your credit card.
    Load the card up with your funds and you wont pay any withdrawl fees.

Worked out quite well for us anyway.

Advertisement