Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance help - Young driver, large engine

Options
  • 16-01-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for some help with my insurance renewal. My insurance has actually gone UP this year, which makes no sense. My renewal quote from Quinn Direct was sent was over €2100, but online it came to €1930.

My details:
    23, Male, 4 years license, 2 years NCB, fault claim 4 1/2 years ago.
    Car:
    2003 BMW 530d Sport manual
    What insurance I want:
    Fully Comp + breakdown + windscreen cover

Does anyone know any brokers who might be able to help me, or any companies to suggest?

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

in dublin theres tons of brokers that can give ya some help. hit the golden pages. Always always always do your own online quote at renewal. nearly always comes out cheaper.

That price from QD aint too bad. I had worse on a 2.0 mondeo two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

I think you are just being greedy OP :D

I'm paying €1,600 on a 07 335i coupe, I'm 25, maximum no claims and full licence since 2001 so you're not doing too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

www.brittoninsurance.com
    Really good quotes. Beat everyone else hands down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Thanks for the replies folks! I'm not being greedy - I've given those insurance guys a fortune over the last couple of years so it's time to try and see if I can save a bit!

Will try Britton, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ring quinn saying you got that quote online, they'll say thats just for new customers but keep at them and they'll insure you for the price you got online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

draffodx wrote: »
    ring quinn saying you got that quote online, they'll say thats just for new customers but keep at them and they'll insure you for the price you got online

The brother did just that. With should of saved him 200, but when he said about the online quote, and they said about the new customers, he said"so can't i just take out a new policy?",
    Quinn- "If u do that, u'll lose ur no claims"
    Absolute con

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The brother did just that. With should of saved him 200, but when he said about the online quote, and they said about the new customers, he said"so can't i just take out a new policy?",
    Quinn- "If u do that, u'll lose ur no claims"
    Absolute con

LOL

Last year my renew was 50 euro more than the online quote so i rang Quinn, said i did not want to renew. The day after it expired I got a new policy with the online quote :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Only for they were 1400 cheaper than Hib he wouldn't of went with them. They are an awful useless company. Only for they are cheap, everything else they are useless:(

Quinn honoured the online quote for me last year, it was about 200 lower than the renewal quote.

Any other suggestions of good brokers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why not ring all brokers and companys? Some companys offer a discount for quoting online also.

• Advertisement

I started to do that last year, but it's incredibly wearing when you give all your details just to be given a ridiculous quote or say that they can't cover that car at all...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well ask them up front!

Advertisement