Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a motherboard.

Options
  • 16-01-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I think I have to replace the Motherboard on the computer as the PS2 ports are not working. I am having trouble finding a micro ATX motherboard that takes DDR SDRAM and a Intel Pentium 4 processor. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

If it is only the PS2 ports not working, then you would save yourself a whole
    lot of bother if you just get a usb to PS2 converter. I have seen them in Maplin
    and peats. You can plug both keyboard and mouse into it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I was thinking of doing that but I thought that if the PS2 ports have gone there could be something wrong with the motherboard and something else may go eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aidancoughlan

if you do decide to replace it, I think the GA-G33M-DS2R will take a Pentium 4 chip and is mAtx size. Better double-check though....

Do you think I will get away without replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aidancoughlan

i would try the convertor thingy first... saves all the hassle of replacing the motherboard. I've never done it before myself (currently in the middle of my frst build - and waiting for a replacement motherboard!), but I believe if you change yours, you may have to reinstall windows if you've got a legit copy - apparently it panics because it thinks its on a different PC.

• Advertisement

I have an OEM Windows disk, will I still be able to re-install Windows? If I do replace the motherboard, could anyone recommend one with the specs I mentioned above? There is so many different RAM and it gets confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Maplins have a converter for 11.99, one usb -> Ps2 and usb.

Advertisement