Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Des Cahill on Drivetime Sport

• 16-01-2008 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Jaysus... just when I thought things were improving in that particular slot,with a real snappy sports half hour with other presenters,back comes Cahill!!

Back comes the old niggling laddish shíte,in fact I tuned into him today just before seven and he was in ecstasy about Kevin Keegan leaving St. James's in a helicopter and the fans singing Keegan Wonderland!!!!

Sweet lamb a jaysus, who gives a fcuk what those morons were singing,they'll be singing to get rid of him soon enough,but for God's sake give us a SPORTSprogramme like we had for the last couple of months, not this turgid mish mash of sniggering crap that Cahill usually produces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cats111

3 words: off the ball.

des cahill is a complete cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Yet another RTE clone that just won't go away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Jaysus... just when I thought things were improving in that particular slot,with a real snappy sports half hour with other presenters,back comes Cahill!!

Dead right there Flutter - Cahill is a right IBEX...desparetely trying to fill a half hour each night in between his many other lucrative giggs - still at the old ABU crap when that is a stale as his show - best prog by far is Off the Ball on Newstalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

funny enough, the friday even show isnt bad, though given that its mostly the panel that talks not him....

I used to hate sportscall.... "ah, you cant say that"... he would never let anyones opinion go, always had to disagree and show how he was better....

.... which brings me to that son of a..... on live after five on Today FM..... sure he dosnt need callers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If he would just adjust the "whinging" attitude and for Chrissakes stop trying to get an"angle " on everything.

While he was gone,I think it was Brian Jennings,or Greg Allen who did most of the show.
    These guys just got in there and reported the sports stories and news,no messing,no sly digs,no self aggrandising pseudo rants to bump up the after dinner circuit fee.They gave the punter what was required in that time slot,updates on the latest sports news, and not personal childish "digging" that nobody believes is entertaining.
    The guy just gets under my skin so much ,and annoys me intensely

• Advertisement

Holy jaysus.. he's at it again!! Friday tonight.

Interviewing Shane Byrne,he asks him"Don't you wish you played for Munster hmmph snnngh"

In fairness Byrne responds with"Are you mad" Which just about sums him up.

Then he goes into paroxysms when someone mentions Newcastle fans going topless in sub zero temperatures.

Jaysus! they have been doing that with monotonous regularity since God was a schoolboy.

Aaaaach.. why do I get riled up with this shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

One thing I did like from Cahill was when he went to Albania just as it was liberated, very vivid descriptions. Dose anyone remember that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

As a Man Utd support, I've never liked Cahill, but when he was Gay Byrne's lackey in the last days of the emperor rule of the nations airwaves, he was asked to interview some of the Munich air crash survivors, at the 40th anniversary ten years ago.

Callers to Radio 1 gave it to him with both bullets, the feedback was immense and vitriolic. It will be interesting to see what he does for the 50th in a few weeks.

Greenman wrote: »
    One thing I did like from Cahill was when he went to Albania just as it was liberated, very vivid descriptions. Dose anyone remember that?

Pity he didn't stay there - his brand of decent skin reporting is well past - he is afraid to offend or ruffle anybody in case it jepordises his lucrative nixer giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Cahill is a GAA lap dog. I don't think I have ever heard him say anything even slightly critical of those in the bunker on Jones' Road.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

I find Des Cahill very condescending and you are not allowed have an opinion that maybe controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Heard an advert on Radio 1 at lunchtime, and he is going to cover Munich tonight. Did he not learn???

DMC wrote: »
    Heard an advert on Radio 1 at lunchtime, and he is going to cover Munich tonight. Did he not learn???

No doubt he will - those RTE wallahs are very slow learners - he will bring his "man of the people" approach to this and make a complete cock of it as usual !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

He's truly dreadful. Irritates the hell out of me. And we won't even talk about when he's on television

Greenman wrote: »

Pity he didn't stay there.

Pity he didn't stay there - his brand of decent skin reporting is well past - he is afraid to offend or ruffle anybody in case it jepordises his lucrative nixer giggs.

Obviously too busy to read Fulton's earlier comment Kevin
    ksimpson wrote: »
    Pity he didn't stay there.

Obviously too busy to read Fulton's earlier comment Kevin

Great minds think alike. Who's Kevin??

jaysus 22 feb.. Cahill is in his element, bunch of lowlifes jawin about soccer.

Brooian Cahir goin on about used car salesmen in England.

Jaysus Christ on a Cross, biggest lowlife ever showed up on irish soccer.

Cahill is hmmmmphhhing and snorttiing like there is no tomorrow.

HOW I say again HOW does that guy hold down a job on national radio.

jaysus 22 feb.. Cahill is in his element, bunch of lowlifes jawin about soccer.

Brooian Cahir goin on about used car salesmen in England.

Jaysus Christ on a Cross, biggest lowlife ever showed up on irish soccer.

Cahill is hmmmmphhhing and snorttiing like there is no tomorrow.

HOW I say again HOW does that guy hold down a job on national radio.

Don't know Floother...listned last Fri..Cahill had a couple of ould fcuks Brian Mullins / Mick Dowling / Gerry Kiernan arsin on about the old days.. inn fairness they were not bad..over on Newstalk off the Ball - good buzz..covered all the games of the day..sounded as if they liked what they were doing....far superior.. why is cahill still tolerated with his lazy shyte........

Advertisement