Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1st Time Insurance Question...

Options
  • 16-01-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

So, I'm looking into getting insurance for the first time. Most places require that I have x number of years no claims. If I'm just starting out driving, how am I meant to have 1+ years of anything??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

helios wrote: »
    So, I'm looking into getting insurance for the first time. Most places require that I have x number of years no claims. If I'm just starting out driving, how am I meant to have 1+ years of anything??

Quinn Direct usually don't ask for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

What type of car are you trying to insure and what license do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

BFassassin wrote: »
    What type of car are you trying to insure and what license do you have?

No car yet, and still on Provinsional licence, but even before I start an online quote, most places are asking for number of years of no claims :S I still have to fill it in even if I change licence type to 'Full'...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

What happens if you put in 0 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Quinn have a less than 1 year option. I never really thought of it like that but just put in less than 1 year or zero if that option is there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

fasty wrote: »
    What happens if you put in 0 years?

Tell's me I'm not elligible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Quinn Direct will insure 0 yr NCB drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

Hi,

I got insured with Quinn Direct, only had license (provisional) for 3 months and just put in 0 years in that box, probably a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Hibernian will quote you up to 1400cc

If you want to insure anything between 1400cc & 1599cc you have to complete the ignition course

They wont quote for anything above 1600cc

Advertisement