Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LC Chemistry & Physics Books for Mature Student?

• 16-01-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

Im a mature student hoping to go back to do Medicine. I already have a degree and so am eligible for the Graduate Medicine Programme. There's an entrance exam called the GAMSAT being held in March. It's partly aptitude, partly knowledge based. I did Biology for my leaving cert som im alright for that. However I haven't sat Physics or Chemistry since the Junior Cert. A long time ago!
    Im just wondereing what books and/or revision books are best for both Physics and Chemistry at Leaving Cert level. If anyone has any advice, Id really appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

I am in 6th year & I do phys/chem combined. However since there are no leaving cert books which have the two together I had to get the pure Physics & pure Chemistry books...

Real World Physics by Dan O'Regan

Chemistry Live by Declan Kennedy.

They cover the full leaving cert courses for both Physics and Chemistry.

However if you just want notes... Less Stress more success are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rosewood1

Thanks for that Iano2k8. Good luck in your exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I teach Chemisty, and would also recommend Chemistry Live, it's the best that's out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mclougl3

The chemitry live book is very good but also the folens revision book which is written by declan kennedy is also very good.

Advertisement