Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players outstaying their welcome.

Options
  • 16-01-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Ok its 2016 and i'm the Barnet manager in the Championship. The wage bill is 90 grand which is 13 grand more than it should be. I have two players who are on 6 grand a week contracts who were decent a couple of seasons ago but who don't get their game anymore. Trying to get rid of the fcukers but its proving impossible. Either nobody wants to buy them or else they say they're not happy with the contract offered.

The lads have 2 years left on their contracts. Is there anything I can do or am I gonna be forced to leave the cnuts rotting in the reserves with their big fat weekly pay cheques?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pighead wrote: »
    Ok its 2016 and i'm the Barnet manager in the Championship. The wage bill is 90 grand which is 13 grand more than it should be. I have two players who are on 6 grand a week contracts who were decent a couple of seasons ago but who don't get their game anymore. Trying to get rid of the fcukers but its proving impossible. Either nobody wants to buy them or else they say they're not happy with the contract offered.

The lads have 2 years left on their contracts. Is there anything I can do or am I gonna be forced to leave the cnuts rotting in the reserves with their big fat weekly pay cheques?

Offering mutual termination may reduce the end cost. Before that though:

- Stick in the reserves;
    - Transfer list and make available for loan;
    - Change status to not needed by club;
    - Remove them from all club training so that they have no daily interaction with other members of the squad;
    - Intermittently fine for unprofessional behavior (you don't need a reason);
    - Keep offering to clubs;

Hopefully, after a few weeks someone makes an offer because their wage demands should now have lowered. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fining them for no reason can have a negative effect on squad morale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Galvasean wrote: »
    Fining them for no reason can have a negative effect on squad morale though.
    It sure does. My star striker Tim Wilde thinks i'm unreasonable and a bit of a bully now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Just give them free transfers, surely someone will take them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Send them away on loan and attach a cheap Future Fee option to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sometimes the best way of selling an unwanted player is to play him i've found. give him a few runs in the team coming up to the transfer window increases the chances of an offer coming in.

some players just can't be got rid of though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement