Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovery Mode in XP

• 16-01-2008 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,

Just quick question, i've a corrupt boot.ini file in xp home, I only have xp pro disk, can I still enter the recovery mode with this disk.

Also was on microsoft home page, it gives this link.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330184
    When you hit R should you be brought straight to the recovery screen or does the silly windows bar have to go to the end of the screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

You need let the install process run until you reach this screen...

RecoveryConsole_1.gif

Now, press R and it will eventually get to the Recovery mode with the command line showing (depending on your system setup) "C:\" and yes, that disc will work fine... even if XP Home is installed. The screen may also look like this, C:\WINNT may also appear instead...

recoverycon_04.gif

NOTE: Type in HELP for a full list of commands.

fix_mbr.gif

From here, enter in FIXMBR... then Y for yes.

Then, enter in FIXBOOT... the Y for yes.

Then, enter in CHKDSK to fix any disk errors.

Then finally, enter in EXIT and it will reboot. Make sure your CD is out of the drive.

Advertisement